Dipak Thanki
Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Today was the worst day of my life, as level results, and they were shocking

These were my results

Maths - U
Economics -C
Psychology - E
Accounting - U

I was really dissapointed with my results, because it has turned out to be a wake up call for me, i was really confused today so i went and saw a connextions adviser to see what my possibilities were; and he said that i can either do my AS-Levels again or do AAT foundation, followed by AAT intermediate (2 years), and then go into ACCA or a degree course. I really don't know what to do and if i do AS Levels again and don't suceed, then it will be another year wasted. I was thinking of doing the AAT course, which is 14 hours per week over 3 days. Should i go for this option? And the two days that i will not be working are their any accounting companies located near Leicester that anybody knows? therefore i can ask them if they would be willing to take me on board.

Thanks very much Dipak

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Don't quote me but I think you could go onto to ACCA after intermediate it would have to be after Technician Level.

Have a look on Kaplan & BPP websites as I think they both offer courses and placements under the modern apprenticeship route.

If you are wanting to go onto be an accountant the general consensus on the forum seems to be AAT route instead of university route.
  • Dipak Thanki
    Dipak Thanki Registered Posts: 135 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I was on kaplan site, but i couldnt find it, can you post a link to it.

Please. Thanks!
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I believe you can start ACCA/CIMA if you have only completed AAT Intermediate, but you wouldn't be able to claim any exemptions from the first year and therefore would need to sit all the ACCA/CIMA first year exams.

I would say you would be better off to complete AAT Technician level and then go straight in at the middle level of ACCA/CIMA - at least then you have the AAT under your belt and can put that on your CV.
  • shawn michaels
    shawn michaels Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Today was the worst day of my life, as level results, and they were shocking

These were my results

Maths - U
    Economics -C
    Psychology - E
    Accounting - U

I was really dissapointed with my results, because it has turned out to be a wake up call for me, i was really confused today so i went and saw a connextions adviser to see what my possibilities were; and he said that i can either do my AS-Levels again or do AAT foundation, followed by AAT intermediate (2 years), and then go into ACCA or a degree course. I really don't know what to do and if i do AS Levels again and don't suceed, then it will be another year wasted. I was thinking of doing the AAT course, which is 14 hours per week over 3 days. Should i go for this option? And the two days that i will not be working are their any accounting companies located near Leicester that anybody knows? therefore i can ask them if they would be willing to take me on board.

Thanks very much Dipak

I've been in a similar position 12 years ago, and I ended up resiting my A-levels after having poor grades at the AS stage. I had an E in physics, U chemistry and N in biology. Then I changed to Maths, Physics chemistry and ended up with a B and 2 C's respectively. Still not good enough though. If you feel very strong about a career in accountancy now then I would finish the AAT and use that to platform your career now. University may be an option - especially with AAT - but I would advise against it because of your A-levels. I've been to Uni myself and got a 2:1 in maths. I'm also AAT qualified and I can tell you AAT is getting me far more opportunities for jobs than my degree ever did. So my advice would be for you to finish AAT and get some work experience under your belt. Places like the NHS favour AAT so consider your options and of course look in the papers.
Privacy Policy