Iap

Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Can someone explain if AAT members cannot do audit work then why on earth do we have to do a paper on it?

The whole thing seems pointless. I am at the end of my tether with this simulation.

Comments

• Vics
    Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    Its optional. Its a starting block if Audit interests you.
    Im doing mine as extra option next year with BTC & PTC

Hope u get the hang of it soon
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You don't have to do the audit sim. It's one of the optional units, you can chose to do another one instead.
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    Can someone explain if AAT members cannot do audit work then why on earth do we have to do a paper on it?

The whole thing seems pointless. I am at the end of my tether with this simulation.

Hi Glynis,

I believe you are planning to do ACCA after you finish AAT so the unit will give you a good grounding for ACCA's F8 paper.

Have you spoken to your tutor yet about the difficulties you are facing with this unit?

Regards
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Steve I have not received any help from my college. I am disgusted with them.

My tutor has proved to be a hopeless waste of time and she is also the subject of a complaint I have put in to the AAT about her.

I am trying to find a new provider for my sim.
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I passed my auditing skills test a few weeks ago.

I have to admit the subject matter is rather dull and the skill of this particular unit is to weed out the most important information from the narrative.

You seem to be trying to blame your tutor rather a lot. Maybe you just need to focus on the subject a little more and try to understand the basics of this unit.

I managed to pass this unit without tutorial help so it can be done.

Mark
  • Shoe Fairy
    Shoe Fairy Registered Posts: 15 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I got my skills test signed off today..whoop, whoop!:thumbup:

I must admit, i did find it difficult as the class notes were very extensive but as mark said, you have to weed out the important areas.
  • Tube
    Tube Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Mark & Shoe Fairy,

I am due to sit my simulation in the next couple of weeks.

Would you by chance have any past papers you could send to me apart from the one on the website?

arkd@gotadsl.co.uk

Any help would be great.

Tube
  • Shoe Fairy
    Shoe Fairy Registered Posts: 15 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Tube,

Have just sent you an email - hope this helps!
Privacy Policy