PTC and BTC

Options
Ed1
Ed1 Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
For those who have done these two Units, how did you find them? Are the two together doable from September through to the December exams?

Any thoughts and opinions on these Units would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Vics
    Vics Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am looking at also doing these 2 papers but my tutor said to do them together but i am looking at doing BTC with the PCR & PEV in Dec and then PTC & DFS in June
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    i'd suggest doin PEV & PCR together and BTC & PTC together
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ed1 wrote: »
    For those who have done these two Units, how did you find them? Are the two together doable from September through to the December exams?

Any thoughts and opinions on these Units would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

These units are probably the easiest of the Technician units, I enjoyed doing them this year. It is certainly doable in time for December.
  • 111beckstar111
    111beckstar111 Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Ed1
    PTC and BTC are the most realistic exams and I think it's vital to have this knowledge as an accountant. My college never offered BTC so I had to revise for it myself. I beleve if you study hard enough and do your best you will definately succeed.

:)
  • anniem
    anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    BTC and PTC are very do-able in the time you've given yourself.

I did both exams last December, studying at home on my own with just books, progress tests from my training provider and past exam papers.

Passed both first time. They are good to study and the rules are so rigid that you really can't go wrong.

Helpful tip: Get some index cards and a treasury tags and as you learn each new rule write it down in a way you understand on an index card, thread them all onto a treasury tag as you go and keep them on you. When you get a spare minute then flick through them to lock them in your brain. My cards looked quite dog-eared by the time I reached the exams, but it worked!

Download an old exam paper and start figuring it out! (Do bear in mind that the tax rules change though and past exam papers may not cover all the current aspects in the books, so don't just use past exam papers!)

Good luck.

Anna
    FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire
  • Ed1
    Ed1 Registered Posts: 51 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Excellent, thanks for your opinions.
Privacy Policy