ACCA Exempton problems

Options
r30hul
r30hul Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi Guys

Is anybody else having the same problem???
I am having problems with ACCA acquiring my full exemptions, I have submitted all my SOA and they are only giving me 2 exemptions - F2 and F3!

After Completing my AAT Full Course!!!

What a joke!

:mad2:

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    that cant be right? I hope its just a mistake!
  • r30hul
    r30hul Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Ok Guys

I have sorted my exemptions out with ACCA and they have confirmed full exemptions on F1 F2 F3!!

:001_smile:

Now to top all that up, what is AAT equivalent of??? I was under the assumption that it was the equivalent to a degree???

Because after sum research i have found out that people that have done a Degree in Accounting and Finance are exempt from the following papers
    F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F9 LEAVING THEM F7 F8 P1 P2 P3 P4* P5*
    * optional

How unfair is this?????:confused1::thumbdown:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    This is not unfair, I don't know where you heard AAT is equivalent to a degree - it isn't! I've heard it said that it is equivalent to the first year of a degree but not a full degree.

Believe me you will find you are better prepared than all those degree students - you won't regret having done AAT.
  • acc1077
    acc1077 Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I read in the AAT magazine recieved this morning that Technician level is equivilant to year 2 of a degree
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i heard first year of degree
  • Symbol
    Symbol Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    AAT Technician level is equivalent to an undergratuate degree. This is the reason you have to do unit 10.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    If you were recruiting a new member of staff and had a choice:
    1. Has a degree in accounting and finance from a university somewhere
    2. Has AAT having worked in an accounts office and studied part-time
    I know there would be a lot more things to consider, but as a theoretical starting point who would be your more likely successful candidate?
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I heard that having the AAT is the equivelant of having a full degree, a masters degree, and 10 Years experience working at the top level of a multi national firm. It is also 10 times harder than the ACCA, but the ACCA want AAT students to go on their courses, to help the teachers pass on skills to the people that weren't intelligent enough to do the AAT, and had to start on the ACCA. But their too ashamed to admit that, so they make it look like the ACCA is harder, instead of telling the truth - Lies!

Just the word on the street
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I read in the AAT magazine recieved this morning that Technician level is equivilant to year 2 of a degree

I've read that from the AAT in other places. But, the National Qualifications Framework consists of 8 levels, and the Technician level is accredited at level 4 - the level equivalent to first year degree level.

Neil
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    There is no doubt the AAT is an excellent qualification but is only similar to a first year degree.

Although AAT knowledge is of great help when beginning ACCA.
Privacy Policy