Any one sat 4 exams in 1 week?

Options
mini_schnauzer
mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello all

Has anyone ever sat and passed 4 exams all taken in one week?
I have Unit 11, 33, 18 & 19 left to do - already entered exams for Unit 11 & 33 for Dec 09.
Has anyone dared to enter 4 and passed????
«1

Comments

  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Somebody did, canny memeber her user name tho
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    Somebody did, canny memeber her user name tho

    Yeah i remember that two did but they must be nuts or just really brainy

    I read last year some bloke who did the both levels in 6 months now that deserves a pat on the back
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A girl on my course a couple of years ago did Intermediate Sep to Dec and then Technician Jan-June, both levels within the same college year. She was also a single mother so that must have been some fricking workload.

    Her eventual ambition was to be a tax barrister for the HMRC, kinda proving that no-ones perfect.
  • Tiger
    Tiger Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    No not four I did 3 @ Technician - business tax , pcr & pev in one week... didn't find it too bad I would say its posssible if you are going to put the work in right through the term and not rely on last minute cramming
  • Ell1e
    Ell1e Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I plan on taking 4 exams in Dec. Not sure why I am so adamant but think I want to get it all done and then I can do my project and either a skills tests or take PT in July.
    I start back at college tonight, I know it will be hard graft studying and working full time but I am willing to put the work in
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have already booked in for 2 exams (DFS & MAC), but I am tempted to go for 4 also! (the 2 tax exams).
    Then do my Unit 10 project during the rest of December / January 2010.
    I have until the end of October to book in for the tax exams, so I will see later on how i am feeling.
    Good luck with your 4 in December.
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Tiger wrote: »
    No not four I did 3 @ Technician - business tax , pcr & pev in one week... didn't find it too bad I would say its posssible if you are going to put the work in right through the term and not rely on last minute cramming

    I agree with that...its not something that i would want to do...but when you think an exam is simply confirmation of what you have already learnt then as long as you have been learning you should do ok.

    I wouldnt like the stress levels though... i like my fun to much :lol::lol:
  • mark057
    mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I sat PEV, BTC, DFS and PCR in the same exam week and passed the lot first time.

    It's a pretty hard task but acheivable.

    Mark
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I did four Technician exams (PEV, PCR, DFS, BTC) in June and I passed.

    Don't mean to sound big headed.

    I have to admit it was hard and I was stressed about them, I also got very little sleep that week. But it did pay off.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Big heid ;)
  • Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I did four technician exams last December - 11, 33, 18 and 19. and passed all four. As others have said, it takes a lot of work, but is achievable. I did mine by distance learning if that makes any dirfference to you, and also did my project during the same time as I was studying - it gave me a nice break !!

    Tracy
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm studying via distance learning also - I think I'm definatley going to go for 3 exams in December. I'll let you know if I'm brave enough to enter the 4th!
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I'm studying intermediate level by distance learning and especially with this being my first time back to studying since school I'm worrying about 2 exams in December, but 4 in a week !!!
    That's going some, no disrespect to the college students, but studying and doing 4 exams in one week by distance learning....

    I salute you
  • MOHMEDSALIM PATEL
    MOHMEDSALIM PATEL Registered Posts: 184 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    yes

    I did
    technician level 3 exam dfs,pev,btc
    payroll level 2 exam dnp
  • Frankie1976
    Frankie1976 Registered Posts: 33 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

    Yes I sat four exams in one week last summer and passed 3.5 of them. It's hard work revising for four. Good luck with yours tho!
  • elging
    elging Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    4 papers at once

    Yes - I passed PCR, PEV, DFS and PTC at the June 09 sitting. I'm aged 50 and did it via distance learning on the NVQ route BUT I was only working 3 days a week so had the time.

    For me it was really hard work and the only advice I would give is that you need to spend the time and do every past paper you can lay your hands on again and again and again.

    Good luck to anybody doing it, if I can anybody can.
  • mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Ok a week left before the door shuts on the next exam sitting... how many exams have you all entered for. I'm still currently doing 2, but still thinking of a last minute entry for a third.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I only did 3 at once: DFS, PTC and BTC in summer 07. Some of my coursemates did do PEV or PCR (maybe even both), but they were resits because they didn't pass in the winter sitting. I think the exam season is even arranged so there are no clashes.
  • Ell1e
    Ell1e Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I've now been made redundant so have more time to put into study. I'm doing 5 exams now, one each morning for the week.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    1 exam for me! :)
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm doing 2 again; and then hopefully the final 2 in June!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    I'm doing 2 again; and then hopefully the final 2 in June!

    Ditto
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm not doing any! bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

    (I finished the AAT, graduated from uni so now I'm on a break from studying before doing two CIMA exams in May)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    I'm not doing any! bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

    (I finished the AAT, graduated from uni so now I'm on a break from studying before doing two CIMA exams in May)

    :001_tt2:
  • mags10000
    mags10000 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    l had resits in December last year PEV, DFS,BTC and CYE and I passed 3 of the exams.
    Unfortunately, I only passed the first section of DFS, so had to resit DFS in June and managed to pass.
    I wish everyone who is sitting exams in December good luck.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I think it can be done. I myself only ever did three in a week at AAT. I din't fail any and didn't find the workload too much. Everyone is different though and it depends how well things go in for you I suppose.

    I myself am quite lucky I suppose as I tend to remember just from learning and class and never really did any revision.

    I did go on to start ACCA and took four at my first sitting. I passed three. I then stopped as I wanted to build my own practice and didn't feel ACCA was offering me anything extra.

    Best of luck with everything. I would say just take on what you feel comfortable with.
    Regards,

    Burg
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    burg wrote: »
    I think it can be done. I myself only ever did three in a week at AAT. I din't fail any and didn't find the workload too much. Everyone is different though and it depends how well things go in for you I suppose.

    I myself am quite lucky I suppose as I tend to remember just from learning and class and never really did any revision.

    I did go on to start ACCA and took four at my first sitting. I passed three. I then stopped as I wanted to build my own practice and didn't feel ACCA was offering me anything extra.

    Best of luck with everything. I would say just take on what you feel comfortable with.

    Smartie pants :lol:
  • lisnic
    lisnic Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    currently one dfs - distance learning also

    have sim tomorrow for unit 15 and im half way through the material for dfs - i am undecided about btc and whether i should book this for dec too as would only leave me 1 exam in jun 09 mac and the audit sim and im done
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Smartie pants :lol:

    Thanks but not at all how it was meant.

    It was more from the point of view that it can be done with effort!

    I'm just lucky enough that I can remember things from class and don't really have to revisit things.

    I completely understand that some people don't work like this and appreciate all the effort that many of you put it.

    It's good to push yourself and go for as many as you can, but don't try to rush and fail by taking more than you can handle.

    Sorry i I wasn't clear earlier and sounding like I was bragging.
    Regards,

    Burg
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    burg wrote: »
    Thanks but not at all how it was meant.

    It was more from the point of view that it can be done with effort!

    I'm just lucky enough that I can remember things from class and don't really have to revisit things.

    I completely understand that some people don't work like this and appreciate all the effort that many of you put it.

    It's good to push yourself and go for as many as you can, but don't try to rush and fail by taking more than you can handle.

    Sorry i I wasn't clear earlier and sounding like I was bragging.

    I was only kidding well done for been able to do what you did :)
Privacy Policy