jon interview

Fee
Fee Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I went for a job interview on Monday for a position very similar to what I am currently doing (but with a better company and the chance to progress) and have now been given a date for a 2nd interview:thumbup:. I have been in my current job for 5 years and am a little out of practice on interviews (leaving my job due to redundancies / company restructuring).

The interview will be with the accountant (who also interviewed me previously) and the financial controller. I honestly do not know what to expect in this interview. I have already been asked my strengths & weeknesses, and to explain why I want to leave my current job. But I am worried about what to say when they ask if I have any questions.

Can anyone share their experiences or hints/tips?

Thanks

Fee

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    what ever you do dont say "JON interview".....sorry i always get picked up on my typo's !
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Fee wrote: Β»
    Hi

I went for a job interview on Monday for a position very similar to what I am currently doing (but with a better company and the chance to progress) and have now been given a date for a 2nd interview:thumbup:. I have been in my current job for 5 years and am a little out of practice on interviews (leaving my job due to redundancies / company restructuring).

The interview will be with the accountant (who also interviewed me previously) and the financial controller. I honestly do not know what to expect in this interview. I have already been asked my strengths & weeknesses, and to explain why I want to leave my current job. But I am worried about what to say when they ask if I have any questions.

Can anyone share their experiences or hints/tips?

Thanks

Fee

Hi Fee,

They will want a better understanding now of what you can do and what your capable of..........sometimes its difficult to explain exactly what you do with words, so i would print off an accurate list of your job discription and job spec....you know your job inside out its just a case of framing your answers in a structured way so you talk with a logical flow.

its worth looking up on the internet too interview questions, but in fairness if you think of 10 types of questions a typical interviewer will ask, and write them down, you will probably come up with 80% of them on your own. rememebr p1ss poor preperation = p1ss poor performance so make sure you frame everything in a logical manner...like short stories e.g can you give me an example where you felt you achieved something in your last position? your answer would contain something like the following 1. a scenario.....2.what you did (and what skills you used to do it) 3. the difference you made to the scenario 4. what recognition you gained out of it.

Prepare, prepare, prepare and good luck. :thumbup::thumbup:
  • pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Practice the answer to this question.

"Why should we give the job to you and not someone else "
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I have often found that if you go back for a second interview they have pretty much decided on you. Just tends to be getting a second opinion and judging your character to make sure you will fit in.

I would just make sure you can be as honest as possible and make sure you know a fair bit about the company. I often find that you can then drop in some of your knowledge of the company.

If you can't find out much then one of your questions can be to find out about the company and how they work.

Well done so far and best of luck for round 2!
    Regards,

Burg
  • Fee
    joB interview

Well that was clever of me, after checking that my actual post was free from spelling mistakes, there was one obvious one in the title :blushing:

Had my 2nd interview yesterday, think it went well but you never can tell :confused1: They called 3 back for 2nd interview so will just have to keep fingers crossed. Should have a reply today or Monday :001_smile:
  • mark130273
    Fee wrote: Β»
    Well that was clever of me, after checking that my actual post was free from spelling mistakes, there was one obvious one in the title :blushing:

Had my 2nd interview yesterday, think it went well but you never can tell :confused1: They called 3 back for 2nd interview so will just have to keep fingers crossed. Should have a reply today or Monday :001_smile:

sorry about that fee, but i always get pulled up on here for any spelling or tpying error......

but good luck with the job .......i think im going to be on the look out soon...
  • Fee
    wooooooo hoooooooooo I got the job
  • mark130273
    well done .........spot on..........big time party going on then hey !!!
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well done to you!!

Can I ask what kind of qustions did they ask you in the second interview?? just mite help others in the same situation.

Thanks
  • Thomasl1
    Thomasl1 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well Done Fee! :)
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hey Congratulations, you must feel releived now, just the prospect of being the new one in the office to look forward to.
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well done and congratulations, that's brilliant news. All the very best, I'm sure you'll be a great success.

Lou123
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Fee,

When they ask if you have questions, don't ask too many, but i would go with a list that you can pull out to ask.

Something along the lines of

Do you see the company expanding in the future?
    Will there be possibilities to gain more responsibility in the future?
    What are the company's long- and short-term goals?
    Do you have any questions or concerns about my ability to perform this job? - Important one, then you can address it then!!

Just be yourself, you got to the second interview so did well!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Congratulations!
  • Fee
    The questions they asked were much the same as they asked in the 1st interview - think this was for the benefit of the head of department who wasn't present. They just wanted me to eleborate on any strengths and weaknesses that were brought up in the first interview. They also asked a few more personal questions like interests and how you like to do your interests. I think it was like someone else posted, to see if I fitted in :)
  • clearaccounting100
    clearaccounting100 Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    COngratulations
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Well done!
Privacy Policy