Do u have to register to HMRC twice

pinoyLiz
pinoyLiz Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello, if you are registered with HMRC as self-employed with your first business and thinking to do a second business different from the first one, do u need to register again or u can declare the second business's income as other profit on your first business SA return??

Any ideas? Thank you:001_smile:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    pinoyLiz wrote: »
    Hello, if you are registered with HMRC as self-employed with your first business and thinking to do a second business different from the first one, do u need to register again or u can declare the second business's income as other profit on your first business SA return??

Any ideas? Thank you:001_smile:

If limited it has to be registered with compaines house but otherwise no as you only have one unique tax reference number, and yes it has to be declaired as income on you s/a return.
  • pinoyLiz
    Hi A-Vic,

It is still a self-employed/sole trader business. Although the first business is on different trading name from the second one,all I have to do is declare the two business but sum up their profit? Thank you
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    IF the nature of trade is different I would fill out 2 self employment pages
  • pinoyLiz
    Thank you Bluewednesday,
    That's what I thought so, but I was not sure about the HMRC registration before. Thank again
Privacy Policy