Advice please on tax units

Marg22
Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

I am studying by distance learning using the Osborne books and intend to take these final two exams in December.

My problem is that I have concerns that there is not enough questions to practice on in both of the units. There is only about 6 questions at the end of each chapter, 4 half papers, and 3 full papers. It really doesn't seem enough work compared to all the other units which had tutorials with far more questions and the additional workbooks, there are no workbooks with the tax units.

I have been told by my tutor to only attempt June 09 tax exam papers because going back to previous years can cause confusion.

Please let me know what your views are?

Marg

Comments

• elging
    elging Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Tax Papers

Your tutor is right. It's pointless going to old papers because the axis of examined topics ha changed dramatically.

With PTC I would make sure you have the rental income and chattels disposal rules down and also the property residency rules, these will probably come up in most papers from now on.

You could try ebay for recent BPP tax books or Kaplan which have exercises on the new stuff in them, just make sure they relate to June 2009 or later.

Hope this helps
  • Marg22
    Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    Elging

Thanks for your reply. I will make sure that I fully understand the points you mentioned.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Thanks Again
Privacy Policy