Pev pcr helpppp please

Options
kazseera
kazseera Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
I have failed PEV and PCR twice now:-( (my last two units left),was wondering if anyone could help me, any notes, easy ways to remmeber thigs, etc.

I will be ressiting in Dec, so i thought id get stuck in with revision now.

Thanks

Kaz

Comments

• swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm with you on this one - in December I am due to sit the PEV for the 4th time. But for the first time in a long it is the only exam I am sitting. The PEV exam seems to be my stumbling block - and I am determined to get over my final hurdle and complete Unit 10 too.

If you need a study buddy - I'd be happy to give and be given support when I'm tearing my hair out - each time I sit down and study - I think I know this - why can I not apply my knowledge to new exam questions? But no more.......

Exams have never been easy for me at any stage of my life and I'm 48 now - I want this over with and to move on to nice gentle subjects like flower arranging for evening classes.:lol:

Swampy
  • John8
    John8 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I've just passed PEV and PCR first time. The only advice i can give is to print off Sandy Hood's notes from his threads and to go on his revision course. As for the exam, you must show all your workings.
  • lily
    lily Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pev

Hi
    I am the same this is my 4th time sitting the PEV exam. Its not like I dont study and its not like I cant do itas I go through all the past exam papers and rarely stumble on anything.
    Yet!!! When I get to the exam I question every answer and usually convince myself its wrong. I get in such a panic that I then miss questions, its terrible but I am determined I will pass this exam. Too be honest I am now also getting embarrassed as well, as I should have passed it.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Sorry can i ask what units are these as am doing DFS and personal tax
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    they are 8 and 9 on nvq route

Tracy
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    John8 wrote: »
    I've just passed PEV and PCR first time. The only advice i can give is to print off Sandy Hood's notes from his threads and to go on his revision course. As for the exam, you must show all your workings.

I've had a look though Sandy Hoods threads can't see any notes.

Can you point me in the right direction?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    taskey wrote: »
    they are 8 and 9 on nvq route

Tracy

Sorry am been thick are they equilvent to anything on diploma ?
  • AK002
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    Sorry am been thick are they equilvent to anything on diploma ?

Yes you are :lol: :P:P:P

MAC...
  • taskey
    Options
    vic, i do nvq so not sure what they equate too it is the first two exams for technician. i sat them in june

ak, anything sandy writes is a help as far as i am concerned. i just went through his posts and mande my notes form there.

if you get stuck, i will try and help - i enjoyed both of them once i got my head round it.

Tracy
  • AK002
    Options
    Thanks Tracy.

PEV & PCR are 2 exams (3 hours each) for NVQ but MAC is only 1 exam (3 hours) for Diploma.. it's weird lol..
  • taskey
    Options
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/search.php?searchid=4625

a section of sandy's posts, i am sure you will find what you need here.

Tracy
  • crybaby66
    crybaby66 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    PEV 5th Resit help needed

Swampy
    I would really appreciate help with PEV I failed in June again for 4th time, this is my last exam and just can't seem to pass it, although I did find the June paper pretty straight forward I passed section one (variances which I don't have a problem with) I should have appealed my result as having since looked at the exam paper with answers the only bit I partly struggled with was Task 2.2a. Everything else was fine even the discount factors in task 2.3 which I revised over and over as it caught me out in Dec 08. Even if I lost marks on 2.2 I should have passed because you don't need 100%, the reason I didn't appeal was the cost and knowing that I would not be one of the 2% that would have my mark changed.
    So the main problem with section 2 PEV for me are the questions that relate to either buying or purchasing a new product and the increases/decreases in costs for each product, and how AAT want you to set out the answer, in June 09 I done a whole P&L account which was wrong as they only wanted the annual increase in profit. But AAT answer has no workings so I don't know how they reached their answer of £2400,000.
    Please if anyone can help with any of the above I would be grateful, I am willing to help with PEV queries where I can, but to be honest none of it makes any sense.
    Thank you in advance CB
  • kazseera
    kazseera Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i feel the same way gosh!! hate it :-(
Privacy Policy