Advice on Fee Structure

Options
michelle sandham
michelle sandham Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
I'm setting up in business soon and need advice onthe fee structure that I should be proposing.

Comments

• whiterose
    whiterose Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well - maybe you could give us a bit more information! What services will you be offering, will you be working from home, etc.
    As a rough guide, there are two basic options: fixed fees or hourly charging. How you charge will depend on how you work - if, for example, you are going to clients' premises to do bookkeeping then I would suggest time-based charging, as the client can see how long you are there. If, on the other hand, you are working from your own premises providing accountancy services, then I would recommend fixed fees. That's what I chose to do as it means that I can work when I want and at the speed I want.
    There's always debate about this -it's what suits you and your clients best.
  • Psyche
    Psyche Registered Posts: 187 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There are some good threads on fees in this forum -- why not try a search?
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Psyche wrote: »
    There are some good threads on fees in this forum -- why not try a search?

agreed there are a lot of them!
  • lorraine
    Options
  • lorraine
    Options
    I'm setting up in business soon and need advice onthe fee structure that I should be proposing.

I wish you good luck with your new venture!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Read any of Ron Baker's books or articles on value pricing in professional service firms..

There is another article floating around (ACCA website perhaps..) called Trashing the Timesheet - also a good read.
Privacy Policy