Can anyone help with revision tips!!!

Options
westham17
westham17 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hi

i am currently starting the nvq technician via kaplan distance learning.

Has anyone got some good revision tips for getting started?

I am doing the pcr, pev and dfs in december 09.

Comments

• Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    revise it in a way you remember!! everyone is different!!

I tend to remember ratios by the first letters and can say them in my head, so wen i get to the exam I can jot them down in reading time where I know they apply, when I get to that question i think for exapmle A + B = C and by saying it i can think of the whole of the equation. works for me lol
  • elging
    elging Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Revision Tips

I passed these exams at the June 09 sitting and the only thing that really worked for me was endlessly doing the past papers, till they became second nature.

Like you I did it all on distance learning, but I did attend 2 revision days for PCR and DFS near to exam time.

The DFS was very usefull as I hadn't appreciated the weighting of the marking system.
    Part 1 of the paper is 70% and part 2 is 30%, but you need to get 70% in each part right.
    Part 2 is really the sting in the tail- so ignore it at your peril.

Thats what worked for me, but everyones different - good luck.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    elging wrote: »
    I passed these exams at the June 09 sitting and the only thing that really worked for me was endlessly doing the past papers, till they became second nature.

Like you I did it all on distance learning, but I did attend 2 revision days for PCR and DFS near to exam time.

The DFS was very usefull as I hadn't appreciated the weighting of the marking system.
    Part 1 of the paper is 70% and part 2 is 30%, but you need to get 70% in each part right.
    Part 2 is really the sting in the tail- so ignore it at your peril.

Thats what worked for me, but everyones different - good luck.

really????
Privacy Policy