Which Software ?

Options
michelle sandham
michelle sandham Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
Which accounting software is the best for a start up company that has no expectations of howmany clients it will have.

There seems to be so many out there and as I have limited software experience, SAGE Line 50 & Sovereign, Mentor, Tetraplan & Opera Pegasus.

Which do members recommend for bookkeeping for multiple companies, that is quite flexible for producing special reports etc?

Comments

• Vonni
    Vonni Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I use Sage Line 50 but was fortunate to have had the multi company version several years ago when it was relatively cheap - which unfortunately is not now the case.

I do know people who use Quickbooks but I cannot get on with this software.

As a MIP I use the Revenue on line software for filing SA returns and CT returns but for client's accounting / financial records I mainly use spreadsheets to keep the information for my smaller clients and keep seperate blank word accounts templates for tax and CT clients which I tailor to my needs.

Once you are more established with a bit more money to spend I would definitely look at the sage practice and accounting software.

Vonni
  • Sari Sari
    Sari Sari Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Sage

Hi,

Just to let you know that I recently purchased Sage 50, 2010 version and it cost me £638.25 including VAT.

This is for a single user licence, and aditional users would need to be purchased as an upgrade, cost unknown, but they let me open an account with them, and I pay 5 installments of £127.65.

If you are VAT registered, you will get £83 back.

They can advise you. Give them a call.

Hope this helps.

Sean
  • mc25
    mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I like sage but its expensive. I find quickbook time consuming when using it, but i guess other MIP will have different opinions on this. As I haven't got that many clients I use spreadsheet. You can try VT cash book.
  • BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I swear by VT. It comes with VT Transactions and VT Accounts. VT Transactions is the bookkeeping side and VT Accounts will produce professional looking final accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Small Companies.

It's cheap at £199 +VAT. It's multi company, so you can use it for all your clients.

I've been using it for several years, and have just bought the latest version, but only because of the changes to small company accounts as a result of the new Companies Act.

One great thing about it is that bookkeeping errors are easy to correct.

I also use Sage quite a bit, but only because some of my clients use it. I find VT much easier to work with.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I use Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 it is free to download and I can use it for multi clients
  • Doug7
    Doug7 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Vt final accounts I use it for Final accounts/ invoicing clients and writing to HMRC/suppliers
    it integrates with tax package BTC which is also easy to use easy to teach good price good service .
    coastaltax.co.uk
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Rachel wrote: »
    I use Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 it is free to download and I can use it for multi clients

Be careful...it has been discountinued a couple of weeks ago!!
Privacy Policy