Health & Safety

becky265
becky265 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I'm struggling with my Health and Safety - it need to be handed in next week and I don't know if I'm doing it right or not? I work for a shipping company and we have our own warehouse etc do I need to include this on the project or only what I deal with? How detailed do the answers need to be? What are the obvious answers to improving health and safety in the workplace?

HELP!!

Comments

• LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    becky265 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm struggling with my Health and Safety - it need to be handed in next week and I don't know if I'm doing it right or not? I work for a shipping company and we have our own warehouse etc do I need to include this on the project or only what I deal with? How detailed do the answers need to be? What are the obvious answers to improving health and safety in the workplace?

HELP!!

well what does it ask you for Becky?

Does it want organisational health & saftey policy or departmental, as a warehouse will have completely different policies to your office....i think if your using your workplace its best to ask your HR department for a copy of your company H&S policies - it could be a booklet or online - but I am pretty certain that you can use your office H&S policies.

Thinking about it now I remember people doing AAT who worked in an office for the council, and the council have loads of warehouses and yards but they just used their office so keep it simple and stick with that.

So your talking things like posture while sitting, leg room, arm room, position of the screen, screen glare etc.....loose wires, all basic things, lifting boxes, obstructions in walkways/fire exits.....easy stuff so dont complicate it.

Hope this helps
  • becky265
    becky265 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks Lee, I think I've been trying to include too much. There are so many pointless questions, like how to improve security and what my responsibilities within the company are etc. I'm sure its just another way for the government to get money out of us. Health and Safety has nothing to do with accountancy!
  • LeeS2009
    LeeS2009 Registered Posts: 1,515 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    becky265 wrote: »
    Thanks Lee, I think I've been trying to include too much. There are so many pointless questions, like how to improve security and what my responsibilities within the company are etc. I'm sure its just another way for the government to get money out of us. Health and Safety has nothing to do with accountancy!

lol....like i said common sense things, making sure visitors sign in, lock pc's when you leave them, keep passwords secret etc blah blah blah.......it is boring but very easy....and besides everyone is responsible for health & safety, and no matter how silly some of the policies seem, they are there for a reason and every workplace will have them, and you have to know them and abide by them or else you could get sacked or hurt - in extreme cases of course......but try and think of them as a test of common sense rather than a special subject, most of it is just common sense. ;-)
  • Matthew H
    Matthew H Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Unfortunately common sense isnt very common for some people though.
Privacy Policy