Swine Flu

fatandforty
fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I am getting increasingly worried that myself and 2 of my offspring may have swine flu! Don't know whether to phone the help line. Feel a bit silly if I am completely over reacting. Anyone else had it or phoned the help line? And if so what do they actually do to help?

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I am getting increasingly worried that myself and 2 of my offspring may have swine flu! Don't know whether to phone the help line. Feel a bit silly if I am completely over reacting. Anyone else had it or phoned the help line? And if so what do they actually do to help?

Its not an over reaction and what it was set up for give them a ring if not ring NHS helpline
  • donnas1977
    donnas1977 Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Best to give them a ring. I had to ring NHS 24 after we got back from holidays as we were showing some symptoms. Luckily it was nothing more than a bad cold.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ring them and make sur . if you have a thermometre then take your temps.... that what they told me and if its over 39 then you have swine flu.... mine ended up at one point at nearly 42....and rest assure ....swine flu is not niceto have...

let us know how it goes on ?
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I tried to phone but it was all automated so I did the online assessment and have been given an authorisation code for anti virals. To be honest i just think they are erring on the side of caution as we don't have many of the symptoms. We aren't having any trouble breathing, no sign of confusion no yucky coloured phlegm!! We are just hot and achy with sore throats and coughs. I was just getting concerned as my son has been like this for nearly a week now.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well i never had much of them either . but once they told me to take my temp and i did and it was over 39 they said I had swine flu and treated me for it .....

didnt have sore throat either . was just very very hot and very weak...
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've been coughing, achy and run-down for about a week now. Rightly or not, I figured that temperature is probably the touchstone for flu so as long as that was OK I didn't have to panic.

I last had old-fashioned seasonal flu about twenty years ago and recall hallucinating and being so weak I couldn't get out of bed. Now that was nasty stuff.
Privacy Policy