MIP Professional Cover

Jo12
Jo12 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hello

I'm just setting up my practice and need professional cover. I have emailed a few people, in my area, but without success!

I have read Michelle's post and will try the AAT networking thingy but just in case anyone out there is interested, I'm in the Brighton area.

I promise this good deed will go unpunished!

If anyone can help or advise, I would be grateful. (Seems to be a bit of a reoccuring problem this doesnt it?)

Many thanks

Jo

Comments

• michelle sandham
    michelle sandham Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    professional cover

Good news all the branch and forum has to over works.

I think I have finally got my ocver sorted out and the person whom is going to do my cover made a pont.

You don't want the person you are covering or being covered by to me in the same area as you, therby direct competion.

In fact her own person cover is the same.

There is redirect mail and gotomypc these days and as a result a lot more opportunities out there.

Good Luck Jo.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    You don't want the person you are covering or being covered by to me in the same area as you, therby direct competion.

Oh really? And, if you are stuck in hospital for a prolonged period of time, what are the chances of them coming round to your office and making sure you still have a business to come home to if they live far away?!

At the very least you should meet your professional cover and make sure he/she knows what to do if you become incapacitated. Choosing someone local makes it so much easier.

I don't see a single accountant in my area as competition, least of all my professional cover.
  • Jo12
    MIP Professional Cover

Thanks very much for both your replies. I would have thought the same as Dean, having someone local is an obvious choice. It is interesting that others would think it was competition and thereby not reply to emails.

How very supportive!

I'll try the AAT Network thing tomorrow. There must be one good soul out there who wont think I'm going to poach their clients.

If anyone else has any ideas or advice, please let me know.

Many thanks

A rather disallusioned Jo
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Professional cover

HI Jo

I sent you a PM yesterday. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
  • Jo12
    Hi Anne

No I didnt receive anything

Jo
  • Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Cover

Hi Jo

I have resent it.

Regards
  • Jo12
    I've got it Anne. Thank-you. Have sent reply.

Jo
Privacy Policy