New Joiner

Options
Closey
Closey Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hey all, just started my adv cert long distance and haven't got a clue where to start with it but hey! anyway if anyone is doing the same, any help would be much appreciated! Anyway thought i'd say hi, message me :)

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Closey wrote: »
    Hey all, just started my adv cert long distance and haven't got a clue where to start with it but hey! anyway if anyone is doing the same, any help would be much appreciated! Anyway thought i'd say hi, message me :)

Hi Closey,

My advice is don't join the forums are they are addictable and you won't get any studies done!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Hi Closey,

My advice is don't join the forums are they are addictable and you won't get any studies done!

double ditto on that one !
  • Closey
    Options
    haha yeah but addictable isn't too bad as it gives me something to do whilst i'm supposed to be working and not studying anyway! :P where bouts Scotland you from? we're sailing off the scottish coast atm!!
  • mark130273
    Options
    haha yeah but addictable isn't too bad as it gives me something to do whilst i'm supposed to be working and not studying anyway! :P where bouts Scotland you from? we're sailing off the scottish coast atm!!

thats a bit of a hike from yours !!!
  • jewels.p
    Options

Angus (Between Aberdeen and Edinburgh). Not far from where the Queen Mother was born!

Which Scottish Coast are you sailing off? East or West?
  • Closey
    Options
    well am in navy, and we're at sea on exercise so haven't got a choice about it!!
  • mark130273
    Options
    well am in navy, and we're at sea on exercise so haven't got a choice about it!!

and did they send you into do the accounting thing then ..or was it all your own mind !
  • Closey
    Options
    Erm well we left Faslane not long ago, can't remember which side of the country it is tbh! we just get told were sailing and when we're due back/ports of visit and thats about as much as we care about lol!
  • Closey
    Options
    Na they didnt, it's my own choice, and am paying out of my pocket!!
  • mark130273
    Options
    Na they didnt, it's my own choice, and am paying out of my pocket!!

good on yah.....so you have no intentions of doing the books for the navy then
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Good luck to ya mate.

I'm studying advanced at the minute.

Just get started chapter 1 and go for it...
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Erm well we left Faslane not long ago, can't remember which side of the country it is tbh! we just get told were sailing and when we're due back/ports of visit and thats about as much as we care about lol!

Thank goodness you're doing accounts and not navigation. You set off from West coast, but it could be a state secret where you are now!

Only joking, welcome to the forums

PS Actually I'm amazed you can google earth Faslane.
  • jewels.p
    Options

I thought you were some rich millionnaire with a yacht and just imagined you lying on the deck with your sunnies on. Playing on your expensive laptop & joining the forums......................but then remembered you're off Scotland so you were probably under deck with a big woolie jumper on!
  • mark130273
    Options
    I thought you were some rich millionnaire with a yacht and just imagined you lying on the deck with your sunnies on. Playing on your expensive laptop & joining the forums......................but then remembered you're off Scotland so you were probably under deck with a big woolie jumper on!

hey if he is off the coast of scotland he is probibly doing a 40 foot wave and trying to type at the same time ...
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options

Normal users of the forum are fine, it's only the abusers of the forum who never get anything done and need withdrawal therapy!
  • jewels.p
    Options
    mark130273 wrote: »
    hey if he is off the coast of scotland he is probibly doing a 40 foot wave and trying to type at the same time ...

Yip cause us Scot's can multitask well..........................Is Farmer Giles on here cause he usually backs up the Scots?
  • mark130273
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Normal users of the forum are fine, it's only the abusers of the forum who never get anything done and need withdrawal therapy!

and im wondering who he might be talking about ?
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    and im wondering who he might be talking about ?

And who's "normal"??
  • blobbyh
    Options
    And who's "normal"??

Certainly not Jock and Mark with their Narnia accents.
  • jewels.p
    Options

Jock? Narnia Accents?.......................If you are referring to people from Scotland we speak Scottish.
  • mark130273
    Options

nah i put myself in the wizard of oz accent .....
  • fatandforty
    Options
    nah i put myself in the wizard of oz accent .....

Wizard of od? How apt! lol
  • mark130273
    Options
    Wizard of od? How apt! lol

hey laaaa.......dont diz ya......

nah la , ya kidda gonna it ya !!!
  • fatandforty
    Options
    hey laaaa.......dont diz ya......

nah la , ya kidda gonna it ya !!!

Most sensible thing you've said.
  • mark130273
    Options
    Most sensible thing you've said.

thanks .even thou im not scouce !!!!!!!
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    As you can see, Closey, threads round here rapidly descend into complete and utter wibble, 'specially if that other mark is involved. What ship you on? I've got a brother fixing Sea Kings in Culdrose. When he's not on leave painting his flat daft colours that is.
  • mark130273
    Options
    As you can see, Closey, threads round here rapidly descend into complete and utter wibble, 'specially if that other mark is involved. What ship you on? I've got a brother fixing Sea Kings in Culdrose. When he's not on leave painting his flat daft colours that is.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................hey

thats not fair .....
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................hey

thats not fair .....
    I agree. His brother's choice of colours isn't that daft.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Maybe Mark1's just envious that Mark2's brother is able to spend so much time in his own flat as opposed to scousers who spend more time in the properties of other people, searching for laptops, jewellery, cash etc...
  • mark130273
    Options
    Maybe Mark1's just envious that Mark2's brother is able to spend so much time in his own flat as opposed to scousers who spend more time in the properties of other people, searching for laptops, jewellery, cash etc...

im guessing that you dont like scoucers much there !!!!
Privacy Policy