What is Solvent Ranking?

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Still doing the ECR Dec 07 Exam and am now on Task 2.4. Dont have a clue what Solvent Ranking is. I have looked at my book and googled it but still no joy. Can anyone tell me?

This exam paper is hard as anything. Done a couple of others already and managed them not too badly but having a total nightmare with this one. I hope December's is not like this.

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Read the whole task
    Get up walk away and think
    Then go back and read it again

Limiting factor analysis is based on ranking the products a firm could make in order of the contribuition each earns per amount of a limiting factor of input.

If you produce different types of solvent, it is the same technique as you'd use if you produced different types of soup.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Read the whole task
    Get up walk away and think
    Then go back and read it again

Limiting factor analysis is based on ranking the products a firm could make in order of the contribuition each earns per amount of a limiting factor of input.

If you produce different types of solvent, it is the same technique as you'd use if you produced different types of soup.

Yes I was just going to post that I know what it is now. I am not feeling too good today (well that's my excuse). I think as I have struggled with this whole exam I am starting to panic and think I dont know the answers. But I will say in my defense that I am studying by Distance Learning and only have the Osbourne Book to study from and there is nothing mentioned about ranking in there. Therefore I rely on help from the forums and the Internet (and you Sandy are the best at explaining things to people)
    Thanks again
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I can't get much further south and I guess you're not a million miles from Aberdeen so there's only a bit of mainland north of you. But if things get tough, think about the AAT revision days in London. I do the ECR day.
    Here is a link to flights between Aberdeen and London
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy