Education relief

Might seem like a bit of a silly question but hey…

I study CIMA and my employer has agreed to pay so much of the course.

Is it possible to claim relief against my gross income for the costs I incur?

My employer is also sending me 60 miles away for my tuition. Is it possible to claim a mileage allowance from HMRC as it is kind of an expense related directly to my employment? The general rule is 40p a mile for the first 10k then 25p a mile for the next 10k. Some companies pay out 25p for the first 10k and get the person to claim the extra 15p from HMRC. I was thinking the same case may apply.

I have a strong feeling that the answer is no but I thought I would ask the practice people as I’m focused on costing obviously.
Privacy Policy