Taking exams at other centres - costs?

Options
anniem
anniem Registered Posts: 1,326 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Hello to all purveyors of shared knowledge .....

Just had a spanner thrown into the works - hip operation next week!

Need to reconsider where I take my exams quickly as deadline for entry is 31 October (haven't entered them yet) as I'm now living in Hampshire, but when I joined I was in Cornwall and its a l o n g way to go for 3 exams on crutches!

If you apply to sit exams elsewhere (probably Salisbury or Andover) what could I expect to pay for a place?

Think I might be asking for money from father christmas this year to cover the cost of all my exams, train fares for revision courses and train next week to hospital in Hayle (a very long way away!) as I'm not going to be able to drive (husband looking after little peeps - so he's in for an eye opener too!!!)

Anna
FMAAT - AAT Licensed Member in Practice - Pewsey, Wiltshire

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    As a distance learner I always sit at 'other centres' and up to now it has never cost me any extra. I presume that the AAT pay them for taking external candidates but may be wrong.

Good luck with the op and the exams.
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    anniem wrote: »
    Hello to all purveyors of shared knowledge .....

Just had a spanner thrown into the works - hip operation next week!

Need to reconsider where I take my exams quickly as deadline for entry is 31 October (haven't entered them yet) as I'm now living in Hampshire, but when I joined I was in Cornwall and its a l o n g way to go for 3 exams on crutches!

If you apply to sit exams elsewhere (probably Salisbury or Andover) what could I expect to pay for a place?

Think I might be asking for money from father christmas this year to cover the cost of all my exams, train fares for revision courses and train next week to hospital in Hayle (a very long way away!) as I'm not going to be able to drive (husband looking after little peeps - so he's in for an eye opener too!!!)

Anna

you dont have to pay to sit at other centres, you just need to decide what one before you enter on the AAT website, and then put this in the option of where to sit it, mine pre prompts the centre i have used previously but you can change this.
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have taken exams at External venues and it costs the same. Speedy recovery.
Privacy Policy