Technician Homestudy Timetable

Loz1234
Loz1234 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all

This is my first time posting on the forums but I just wondered if anyone has a study timetable for Technician.

I am about to start technician as a homestudy and I know that this year will be alot more work then the previous foundation and intermediate so I'm just wondering how to fit it all in.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Who's your study provider? They will usually plan your timetable for you.

It all depends on how many exams you are planning on doign at each sitting.

I am doing PEV and PCR in Dec then PTC and DFS in June, with the other unit in the middle, not sure if you'd have enough time to this if you're only just starting!?
  • Loz1234
    Hi esme

I am studying with BPP, I studied intermediate with them and they didn't provide a timetable which is why I wondered if anyone had any words of wisdom.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm also doing PCR and PEV in December. I'm thinking of doing the 2 tax exams in June and DFS in December 2010. If studying goes ok and I don't have any re-takes then might attempt DFS in June as well.
  • Loz1234
    I was wanting to get everything done hopefully by December 2010. Do you think that is doable?
  • Ampsie
    Ampsie Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

I am also doing homestudy. I started in March this year. Did DFS in June, doing MAC in December and the two tax ones in June next year and projects in between.
    You need to ask your tutor to help you out with a timetable.

When i started, my tutor did say that Technician level was doable in one year but that it's a LOT of study time you will need to put in. So i guess it really depends on how much time you have to spare!

Hope that helps
    Ampsie
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Loz,

If you're hard working and found intermediate manageable then I'm sure you could get it all done by Dec 2010.

Which options have you taken? You could do the PEV and PCR exams together in June and the others at the next sitting. If you have any options which are skills test based you could maybe do them between now and June.

I could email you my timetable if you pm me your email so you can see the structure.
Privacy Policy