Come and give a good kick, need to get moving

Options
katsutlieff
katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I am being soooo lazy and need to get motivated again. I sent my progress test in for CMCC at the end of August, and haven't done much since. I have spent this week going back over the first half of the unit as it has been so long since I picked up a book.

I have had lots of reasons (read excuses) for not studying. Helping to organise a wedding, Hen do in Italy, flu, wedding in Wales, and now I have run out of reasons not to study but can't seem to get back into it.

How do those of you who work full time manage to study and have a life. I seem to be wallowing in my lack of action. All time management skills have flown out of the window.

So, please come and tell me to stop whinging and get on with it. Harsh words needed

Comments

• steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Patient goes to the doctor and says " I think I'm going mad, I wake up every day and feel like a set of curtains", the doctor says to him "pull yourself together!"

*kick* - get that book open.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    How do those of you who work full time manage to study and have a life.

We don't.

... well, atleast i don't :(
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I am being soooo lazy and need to get motivated again. I sent my progress test in for CMCC at the end of August, and haven't done much since. I have spent this week going back over the first half of the unit as it has been so long since I picked up a book.

I have had lots of reasons (read excuses) for not studying. Helping to organise a wedding, Hen do in Italy, flu, wedding in Wales, and now I have run out of reasons not to study but can't seem to get back into it.

How do those of you who work full time manage to study and have a life. I seem to be wallowing in my lack of action. All time management skills have flown out of the window.

So, please come and tell me to stop whinging and get on with it. Harsh words needed

A life i had one of those once i think it was fun but i forget its seems so long ago now
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Monday college home at 6pm plus

Tuesday Work out at 6.45am home at 6pm (and rest of the week) So too tired to do much study

Saturday (wooohooo no work so shopping which i hate) then clean a house that has been abanded all week then study

Sunday study

can we invent another day of the week?
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I finished my studies in July and decided to have a break before continuing, I just don't know what to do with all this time, so decided to sit BTC jsut for the hell of it, and really enjoyed going to college (how sad am I)
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Thanks all. I am feeling more positive this morning, have taken the kids to school and playgroup, made a cup of coffee, put on the ipod and opened the books. Sod the housework.

God I hate wallowing am so good at it, just not very good at getting out of it.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lessci wrote: Β»
    I finished my studies in July and decided to have a break before continuing, I just don't know what to do with all this time, so decided to sit BTC jsut for the hell of it, and really enjoyed going to college (how sad am I)

Its not sad and id prob do the same in your shoes but it wont stop me moaning lol
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    lessci wrote: Β»

God not sad at all, I love studying too once I get into it, good on you
  • A-Vic
    Options
    and if all else fails and you cant sleep a good tax book will help you fall into a deep sleep :lol:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'll happily write some extraordinarily harsh words on your Facebook profile but if you delete my comments, I'll fire you!
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    I knew I could rely on you for some harsh words

Didn't think my FB profile was that bad!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    GET WORKING !!!! hahahaha
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Didn't think my FB profile was that bad!

It might be after I've been on there...
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    It might be after I've been on there...

and could you fire her then ?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I only fire people if they delete my comments (sweary I can understand) or my personal quota of friends exceeds 50, in which case someone has to go...
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I only fire people if they delete my comments (sweary I can understand) or my personal quota of friends exceeds 50, in which case someone has to go...

Fifty? That's harsh. I occasionally prune my Facebook friends list, but never to that extent. Usually just when I have too many friends-of-friends add me and I never see or speak to them. Of course of my four closest friends, two don't use FB at all and one hardly uses it.

Having said that, I would like a group of twenty or so closest friends with a relegation and promotion set-up on FaceBook.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    My policy is 50 maximum as my (low) standards have to be maintained: and if one comes, one goes - simple as that. I do have a vacancy at the moment though if anyone's interested, but no wimps please.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I don't even know who i have on my FB lol
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i have blobby, a-vic, pamdill, the 2 marky marks and pigpen.
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    I've gone from being a lazy arse to being fired!! How did that happen, I was only away for a few hours. Damn that PTA meeting
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Hey, this is like Top Trumps. I have Kat (above - I haven't fired you though perhaps I should for being a PTA mom), Taskey, A-Vic, Derbyshire Mark, Blue Wednesday, that Collings bloke, Pamdill, Buff, Gem, CJC and Rachey1975 (what a pottymouth she is).
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Hey I already get treated as a leper in the playgroup for my dodgy PTA connections, please not here too.
  • blobbyh
    Options
    And I suppose you write letters to your local paper too, complaining about... well just about everything. Bin men: what a waste. Post men: sack 'em.
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    You know I write them but never get around to sending them. Living in Horsham what do I have to complain about really!
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Living in Horsham what do I have to complain about really!

Well, I know that living in Horsham probably means you're a kept lady but how about people from Lancing and Worthing coming up and taking your jobs, stealing your wimmin etc. And having Crawley on your doorstep is surely enough to enrage even the most liberal of people?
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Aren't all women from Horsham kept, all we do is bake cakes and make patchwork quilts. And as for Crawley, we live on the right side of Horsham not to have it worry us
Privacy Policy