Kaplin Personal tax book

Options
A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
On page 17 it states that a salary bouns paid in May 2007 will be included in 2008/09 tax return is it me am sure that cant be correct? anyone else come across this? please correct me if am wrong but i thought 2008/09 tax return falls from apr 08 to apr 09?

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi A-Vic

I think you are correct. Bonuses are usually declared on the tax return for the year in which are received and not to the period they related to.

Therefore if a bonus was actually received my an employer in May 2007 (regardless of the period it related to) it would be included in the tax return for the period 6 April 2007 to 5 April 2008, i.e the tax year 07/08 and not the tax year 08/09.

Think Kaplan have made a typo in their book, although I have been the book myself.

Speegs
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    didn't you get an errata sheet with your book? There are a few mistakes in it. If not I'll find my copy out and Pm it to you
  • A-Vic
    Options
    lessci wrote: ยป
    didn't you get an errata sheet with your book? There are a few mistakes in it. If not I'll find my copy out and Pm it to you

Nope didnt get one if you would id be greatful i'll pm my email :) thanks
  • A-Vic
    Options
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Hi A-Vic

I think you are correct. Bonuses are usually declared on the tax return for the year in which are received and not to the period they related to.

Therefore if a bonus was actually received my an employer in May 2007 (regardless of the period it related to) it would be included in the tax return for the period 6 April 2007 to 5 April 2008, i.e the tax year 07/08 and not the tax year 08/09.

Think Kaplan have made a typo in their book, although I have been the book myself.

Speegs

Thanks Speegs

Was starting to doubt myself then
Privacy Policy