how long did BTC take you from start to exam distance learning?doable by dec 09 exam?

lisnic
lisnic Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
for btc how long did it take you from opening the book for the first time until exam distance learning?

im very tempted to book in for this exam as well as dfs (im half way through that) for dec 09 however i havent opened the book yet to actually start it - i have looked and it is a thin text - 150 pages and lots of little chapters but obviously length isnt everything! (bpp text)

would this be doable do you think? i amd going to be down to 1-2day weeks with the rest gardners leave in a week or so but i do still have half of dfs to cover then obviously i would have exam revision for both iyswim

thanks

Comments

• mini_schnauzer
    mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm doing DFS and BTC in December. I only started looking at the BTC book last week and it seems quite straight forward. I was thinking of adding on PTC also - but I will make a decision on that mid next week.
  • lisnic
    have you started ptc? im very tempted to do the btc but i wouldnt even start to look at it until early next week and i also have dfs to complete as im only half way through that

there is reason in my madness - for the jun 09 exams i will have a 7week old baby so not sure how well study will be for that diet of exams however i will be on full time gardners leave as of mid dec so will have time to prepare in advance if required but i do have audit and unit 10 to do also. I really need to be finished latest end aug as im made redundant sept 3rd so want to go out looking for jobs fully qualified aat not part!
  • mini_schnauzer
    I have already bought the book for PTC but i have not yet started to look at it.
    I'm half way through BTC and majority way through DFS. I work best by reading it all in advance and then 2 to 3 weeks before the exams just focussing completely on the exams I have to do by doing as many passed papers that are available and the mock exams and key questions that i have in the back of my Kaplan Books. I also take the pocket notes with me and read them over and over again to drum it in me.

If I pass the ones i sit in Dec i will have MAC left to do and Unit 10 project.

You have nothing to lose - apart from the cost of the exam entry fee. Live dangerously, go for it!

Congrats on baby news!
  • lisnic
    it is tempting whats 40 quid really but what im more concerned about is drawing focus away from dfs and needing to do resist for that when if i focussed on 1 exam i could pass it iyswim

im about to start chapter 6 (net assets) in dfs. i tend to do an initial study and write up notes and then like you 2-3weeks before cram most nights and weekends - reduce my notes, do revision companion questions and in last 4-5days past papers galore just dipping into notes to clarify a point if needed

the thing concerning is that the 2-3weeks point i like to have before exams to cram and be finished all my initial learning is only 3weeks away so ideally i need to finish my initial learning of dfs and all of btc in 3weeks

good luck - im a bit annoyed with myself as after june 09 exams i didnt really start again for a good month and a half - this is when i started unit 15 cmcc (sim tomorrow) and started dfs mid sept on and off
  • mini_schnauzer
    Good luck for tomorrow - I sat Unit 15 sim back in April.
    I too took until September to start looking at books again, but you need a break every now and then (thats what I tell myself).

What joy, an afternoon with Relief for Company Losses (BTC). It is quite interesting though, which helps - as does a cuppa coffee and a wispa bar which i have infront of me!
  • lisnic
    im sitting doing a cmcc practice sim (going ok!) just now and have just had a toffee crisp and a cup of tea

we must be all very like minded!
  • mini_schnauzer
    I also had a sneaky packet of baked walkers crisps (salt n vinegar) - they tasted lovely after chocolate!
Privacy Policy