People too worried to post a question

Options
MILLY21
MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone, without draggin it up, last week I had a not very nice experience on this forum. I am pleased to say that it has sorted itself out.

The reason why I'm writing is I received a few PM's about people not wanting to post questions for fear of receiving negative responses.

Can I just ask anyone who feels this way to give it a try, we are all entitled to post, ask question, answer question the whole works and there are some really nice, fab people on here who were more than willing to offer support and help.

So basically for every "bad" comment on here, I received four times as many positives. In the end I came to an understnad with those people involved and I will be happy to see them on this forum again, they were too individuals with a lot of knowledge and experience to offer people

So please don't hold back, post away !!!!

Comments

• James Cristiano
    James Cristiano Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well said MILLY21! :)

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    We'd all agree that no-one should ever be afraid to ask any question but whilst your post is solely focussed upon the answers, it disregards the fact that those answers are often based upon the way the question or query may be specifically worded and/or the attitude of the original poster.

There's also frustration that when someone has taken the time and effort to answer a query - sometimes in great depth - it's either completely ignored (a simple "Thank you" is often all that's needed) or the person throws a paddy because they've been given something they don't like. Whilst you didn't like some of Dean's comments, Milly, he's absolutely correct when he says that sometimes people need a reality check (and I'm not referring to you here) and maybe listen to what people are trying to tell them. If that person completely ignores everything that's come before and still continues down the same route, arbitrarily picking and choosing wherever they wish or resorting to insults, then that's usually when trouble occurs.

Finally, while the delivery of answers or advice might often be abrupt, that doesn't necessarily means it's incorrect and it's unquestionably better to receive it off an informal forum than suffering unheeded consequences from a paying client or disciplinary panel.
  • MILLY21
    MILLY21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Robert,

My thread was not to go over old ground or shine a light on what had happen but soley to encourage people who may not like to post a thread, well to jolley well post a thread.

I indicated my past position merely to serve as an example that even if an individual involved in a thread may not concider it pleasant , things can work out in the end and postives can come from it.

By all means you create a thread to let people know of your frustation and feeling, as enclosed in your reply, but can we please allow this thread to be a positive one. By various people posting different threads a great deal of knowledge can be passed around.

Regards

Michelle
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Well said MILLY21! :)

Kind Regards,
    James, AAT Web Team

Please don't take this the wrong way James (and sorry to hijack your thread Milly), but if you have time to read some of the posts on here maybe you also have time to address some of the issues that have been raised on the site discussion board over the past few weeks and months such as:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24667

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=24616

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19468

All people want or need are simple answers but it often appears when you want an admin to do something, there's never one available. How about writing a post on the trials and tribulations of an AAT forum administrator (and I mean that with the greatest respect, not mockingly)?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You know what i look back at some of the reduculas posts asking questions and i would do the exact thing its got me to the final year
  • Julia Crouch
    Julia Crouch Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well said, Milly and Robert.

I am with you on the administration point Robert,

We could all do with being able to put some smiles into the text of threads.

Also I had to re register as a new user after several months of not using the forums in the summer. For some reason I was not able to gain entry through my old login I tried to get help from the AAT a couple of times but could not get through to the department, and so I gave up and put the old one down!

Julia
    AKA Poodle
  • blobbyh
    Options
    Never knew you were Poodle, Julia, hence the putting down pun?!
  • Julia Crouch
    Options
    Does it make a difference to our friendship?
  • blobbyh
    Options
    He he he...
  • Julia Crouch
    Options
    Had a brain wave and using an old post I have just sent myself i.e. Poodle a PM. I had an email telling me that the PM was there as usual, but despite clearing the cookies on my PC I still could not log in using the link in the email.

I have emailed the administrator and will see if I get any help there, since we know they read the threads!!
Privacy Policy