Year end and Sage

Options
Dottie
Dottie Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
Have just been to collect paperwork to prepare the accounts for a new client. They incorporated 14th Feb 2008 and the accounting reference date is 28th Feb 2009. When they set up Sage they have started it from 1st February and therefore year end is 31st January. Can anyone advise me the best way to sort this out. They do not have Sage support.

Many thanks

Dottie

Comments

• Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Dottie wrote: »
    Have just been to collect paperwork to prepare the accounts for a new client. They incorporated 14th Feb 2008 and the accounting reference date is 28th Feb 2009. When they set up Sage they have started it from 1st February and therefore year end is 31st January. Can anyone advise me the best way to sort this out. They do not have Sage support.

Many thanks

Dottie

In SAGE you need to start from 1 March 2009. (so the year end for the 1st year is 28/02/2010). You can change the Financial Year under Settings, should not altered anything (take a back up before doing that, just in case)
  • Dottie
    Options
    Yes, I know, but how do I change the program date?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I have a feeling that you need to run the year end and then run one months report and then amalgamate them.

The only way I have found to change year end date is to send it to sage for which they charge!! I think on some programmes (we've got accountant line 50) I've managed to change it myself through programmme settings but if you don't have that version you might find it difficult.

If your only option is to send it to Sage I think I would pull off all your prints and back up and then rebuild and start all again!!
  • Dottie
    Options
    Yes, I meant the financial year end. I thought once transactions were entered then that date was fixed. The client has Line 50, but I couldn't see anyway to change the date.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Settings - Financial year.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Dottie wrote: »
    Yes, I meant the financial year end. I thought once transactions were entered then that date was fixed. The client has Line 50, but I couldn't see anyway to change the date.

I use SAGE Line 50 for 25 clients that I manage in the accountancy practice at work. You can change the Financial year, even there are transactions on it, I did it and nothing has happened.

Try and see what's happen (as I said, take also a back up just in case something goes wrong, but it shouldn't)
Privacy Policy