Support A Squaddie

farmergiles
farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
As yet another cortege passes through Wootten Bassett we are reminded again of the terrible waste of young lives fighting, what to many may seem, a lost cause.
Whether you agree with the war or not, I would ask that what ever you are doing on Sunday and next Wednesday, that you stop at 1100 am and reflect on what our servicemen are doing.

And, as we approach the season of goodwill to all men & women, please find the time, as AAT members, to each fill a shoebox with goodies for our frontline troops and deliver it to your local RBL or service organisation so that our troops can enjoy a little of "Back home" whilst sat in those far away places doing their duty.

Comments

• fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I firmly agree with you FG and have not missed a remembrance Sunday service for 25 years now. My husband and I feel very strongly in bringing up the children to understand how important it is and how lucky they are! Having 2 sons (and obviously a husband) I really feel for any woman who loses a man to whichever war.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Here Here

Also may i add when my borther did his last tour out there we were asked to send him boxes of crisps (he used to pass them on to the kids out there)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/

gives all the info you would need for sending parcels etc

please support the troops, they need all of our support and it is good to see in the news that vera lynne and a host of others are supporting the troops again.

Have you all heard the song in the charts by the 2 soldiers - i think it was at number 4, and i do believe some of the proceeds are going to help for heroes.

Tracy
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    taskey wrote: ยป
    http://www.supportoursoldiers.co.uk/

gives all the info you would need for sending parcels etc

please support the troops, they need all of our support and it is good to see in the news that vera lynne and a host of others are supporting the troops again.

Have you all heard the song in the charts by the 2 soldiers - i think it was at number 4, and i do believe some of the proceeds are going to help for heroes.

Tracy

Have had a look at this and am def going to send a parcel. I am also going to try and get the posters displayed in our local social club. I'm sure if people knew about it they would want to send too. Our local school always do the shoeboxes at Christmas for underprivileged kids, but this is an equally deserving cause.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    brilliant, that is the attitude that we all need to have

Tracy
Privacy Policy