AAT Salary

Options
Marky Astra
Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all,

This is my first post on the AAT forums.

I was just wondering on what i should be looking for as a salary. My current situation is that i work for a small chartered accountants completing year end acounts, VAT returns and payroll. Im currently studying for AAT and im on Level 4 Technician. I started the AAT at the age of 18 where my current boss suggested i join the AAT to gain more experience. I have been at the practice for over 2 years now and was wondering what sort of salary i should be looking for, obviously current times i cannot expect as much. Also im on a day release course so therefore i can understand my salary will be lower because of this too. Any replies greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Marcus

Comments

• Rasa
    Rasa Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi,

My situation is almost the same - I work for a small company (not accountants), started in Level 3 two years ago and my salary now is £18,000. I am doing all accounts: month end, year end, cashflow and other reportings. So I think my salary is too low. But as it is small company, I don't think I could get more.
  • Marky Astra
    Marky Astra Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Rasa wrote: »
    Hi,

My situation is almost the same - I work for a small company (not accountants), started in Level 3 two years ago and my salary now is £18,000. I am doing all accounts: month end, year end, cashflow and other reportings. So I think my salary is too low. But as it is small company, I don't think I could get more.

Well currently im only on £11,000 p.a so i definately think mine is too low!

Marcus
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I think salary these days goes off a far lot more than just qualifactions

1 Experience
    2 Work Load
    3 Time Serverd
    4 Flexablity
    5 Area
    6 Business Profits (if business isnt doing well due to ression wages and bounses are first to be hit)
    7 Prob last Qualifactions
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Its really too hard to say. Anywhere between 10,000 and 25,000 depending on hours, duties, sheer luck, own performance, business' performance, rapport with managers, physical attractiveness, study support, geographical location, benefits in kind (formal), unusual perks, ease of commute, the phase of the moon, qualifications, other experience, bodyweight, age, achievements (at work), gender, negotiating skills, negotiating strength (how easy are you to replace), and a host of other things.

Some of these are more important than they should be, some are less important than they should be. Some don't look like they should matter, but are as good an explanation as any. Just remember that fairness has nothing to do with salary.
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Bookworm55- That made me chuckle out loud......"Phase of the moon, body weight, gender" ha ha.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    You jest (and so do I at least in part), but I've had managers whose mood for the day correlated with how well Chelsea played the night before. I wouldn't recommend asking for a payrise the day after they lose!
Privacy Policy