Ecr dec 2003

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just wondered if anyone can tell me how to work out the calculation for the overhead allocation questions - section 1 task 1.3 (think it is). Its the bit on canteen by the no. of staff that I am finding tricky?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Have you done all the practice exams after that? Sorry I cant help you I am only on December 2007 working back the way!
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    I have done some of them but most of them tend to be same in structure. Who do you do it with anyway - im with eagle.

Cheers
    Martin
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Ecr dec 2003
    overhead allocation questions - section 1 task 1.3 (think it is). Its the bit on canteen
    Martin
    I've looked and can't see anything about a canteen, only
    Cutting
    Finishing
    Maintenance
    ECR DEC 2003
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Ecr dec 2003
    overhead allocation questions - section 1 task 1.3 (think it is). Its the bit on canteen
    Martin
    I've looked and can't see anything about a canteen, only
    Cutting
    Finishing
    Maintenance
    ECR DEC 2003

Sorry it was mistake it was dec 2004 (monday november 29th) - I was working on both and forgot about it being 2004.

It says in the last para that canteed OH are apportioned based on no. of employees.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers
    Martin
  • lisnic
    lisnic Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    look at the no of employees in each department and then take the total number of employees and apportion it as per this

eg canteen cost 100,000 - 50 employees in maintenance 300 total do 100,000 * 50/300= 16,666

as the canteen is a service area these need to normally be apportined first if they service another service area (ie office) as the canteen cost for office are then apportioned again when you apportion the office off

hope that helps havent looked at the paper did this in june
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    MWAUGH1983 wrote: »
    I have done some of them but most of them tend to be same in structure. Who do you do it with anyway - im with eagle.

Cheers
    Martin

I am with Premier Training. I am really struggling to get to grips with Limiting Factors on the Past Exam Papers. How are you finding that section?
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    I am with Premier Training. I am really struggling to get to grips with Limiting Factors on the Past Exam Papers. How are you finding that section?

I did limiting factors at uni and it is tricky area so im not looking forward to it!!
Privacy Policy