Business Link

Options
messedup89
messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Has anyone else had phone calls from business link checking up on your training?

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Nope not me!
  • messedup89
    Options
    they rang me in august, then today and then she said is it all right if she rings me in 9 months, its just a curtesy call?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    they rang me in august, then today and then she said is it all right if she rings me in 9 months, its just a curtesy call?

nope
  • messedup89
    Options
    they seem to know i was studying AAT at Kaplan?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    they seem to know i was studying AAT at Kaplan?

hey thats a bit strange that they know about that ?
  • messedup89
    Options
    lol i knw. They had my direct office number aswell! Think im being stalked.................
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've never heard of them
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    scary - have kaplan passed on your details to them? mmm data protection???
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It's likely that if you or your employer has received any form of funding towards your studies that that has come from business link, so they are probably checking that their money's being used for what it's supposed to be and/or that you're on track to achieve your qualification. I worked for business link years ago preparing funding claims and sometimes the forms could be pretty intensive asking for evidence that the money has been used correctly. For example, there may have been a pot of money avaliable from europe - up to ยฃ100 per person to train them to level X in IT. If we claimed ยฃ2k from them we would need proof that 20 people were now trained to that level. Phone calls sound like a good way of making sure everything's on track to achieve their targets.
  • messedup89
    Options
    JodieR wrote: ยป
    It's likely that if you or your employer has received any form of funding towards your studies that that has come from business link, so they are probably checking that their money's being used for what it's supposed to be and/or that you're on track to achieve your qualification. I worked for business link years ago preparing funding claims and sometimes the forms could be pretty intensive asking for evidence that the money has been used correctly. For example, there may have been a pot of money avaliable from europe - up to ยฃ100 per person to train them to level X in IT. If we claimed ยฃ2k from them we would need proof that 20 people were now trained to that level. Phone calls sound like a good way of making sure everything's on track to achieve their targets.

At level 3 i was governement funded. But at level 4 my employer funds me. And its whilst studying level 4 they have contacted. Not level 3? And when they are going to contact me agaion next year i sould be studying ACCA, funded by work?
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi guys

Nice of you being funded from your work. I work so hard to get a job so that I can save every penny, I paid for my college but I don't really have a luck nearly a year now since I start appying for any basic accounting jobs. No luck at all

It's very tough out there I am taking my exam in a week and hoping that I can start surfing to look for a job again?
Privacy Policy