Freelance Work

Options
slackda
slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Question to all you MIP's out there,

Has any one used peopleperhour.com with any success?

cheers

Slack

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    I have tried.

But no success.

In my opinion it is full of people undervaluing themselves. I have seen bids one to do a full set of limited company accounts for £100!!! Most tend to be around £200. For me I am just not willing to go that low, particularly considering the extra risks involved as most of the work is remote without really meeting the client.

Sole trader accounts have also been won for about £50.

Have you been trying and had no success or just thinking about trying?
    Regards,

Burg
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Trying with No success, either people are warry as i have no abilty to offer refererals ( i have no clients atm) or i go in with say a reasonable offer and get blow out of the water by people who seem to be willing to take the work on at silly rates, i managed to get some success from a similar site, but at i have to go in at around $10 per hour..... so give or take £6 per hour but there are other going it at 2 or 3 $ per hour....
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Basically that seems to be the problem.

There is plenty of work on there but you need to be willing to work for peanuts.

I would like the extra work but I'm just not that desperate.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Rachel
    Rachel Registered Posts: 348 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I have managed to pick up two good clients from PPH on just 5 bids however, there are a lot of people out their that seem to bid peanuts. I just try and put in as much as possible about myself in the bid, what I can do for them etc. I have gone for fixed fees but as I am just starting out I have based them on £10. I have been careful for money laundering and got id etc.
    Kind Regards

Rachel
Privacy Policy