Ecr monday 30th nov 09

What are the chances of Limiting factors and process accounts coming up on the same paper??

Prefer process accounts to be honest but don't mind limiting factors just takes a little longer to work out and I feel there are more opportunities to be tripped up?!?!!

ECR love section1 but still trying to get to grips with parts of section 2 although hope will be alright on the night sos to speak!

Looking forward to 5pm Monday 30th so can concentrate on xmas, put my brain cells on hold for 1 month, and actually go out without worrying about exams!!!!!!!

Comments

• jewels.pjewels.p Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 1,774Registered
    What are the chances of Limiting factors and process accounts coming up on the same paper??

Prefer process accounts to be honest but don't mind limiting factors just takes a little longer to work out and I feel there are more opportunities to be tripped up?!?!!

ECR love section1 but still trying to get to grips with parts of section 2 although hope will be alright on the night sos to speak!

Looking forward to 5pm Monday 30th so can concentrate on xmas, put my brain cells on hold for 1 month, and actually go out without worrying about exams!!!!!!!

I just posted about this exam before I read this. I didnt think there was anyone else doing ECR everyone seems to be on FRA! I think both will come up in Exams as I have read in past Chief Examiner Reports that these two parts arent generally well answered therefore they will be examined further.

I have spent ages trying to get the hang of Limiting Factors. On past exam papers some are straightforward but others confuse me the way they are written.
  • SandyHoodSandyHood Font Of All Knowledge Posts: 2,034Registered, Moderator
    I expect both
    Sandy
    [email protected]
    www.sandyhood.com
  • timgrifftimgriff Feels At Home Posts: 55Registered
    I'm expecting both too, I've found that doing as many past papers and exercises on limiting factors/process accounts helps as i was struggling with it myself. Also I think asking yourself 'why' are you doing a calculation helps rather than just memorising it.... take breakeven for example; fixed costs/contribution per unit = no. of units to breakeven..... or to put it another way: no. of units to breakeven x contribution per unit = fixed costs.