Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Advice Please

Dawn BrianDawn Brian Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 15
Can someone help me I am AAT Qualified, but as yet not done my full membership, as I am waiting until Christmas to do it when I get some money, my question is a member of my family is self employed and would like me to be her accountant, think just wants advice and the odd job doing. Anyway she needs me to write her a letter as her accountant to claim Loss of Earnings for Jury Service. Am I allowed to do this, I'm not sure. Can anyone please advise me.

Thank you


  • BluewednesdayBluewednesday Font Of All Knowledge Registered Posts: 1,624
    Answered on previous thread - good luck!

    Has this family member not got an accountant doing their tax returns etc at the moment?
  • Dawn BrianDawn Brian Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 15
    No she's only just became self employed and has asked me to be her accountant, she isn't doing too much, so this is all a new thing for me and her.
Sign In or Register to comment.