BTC Question PCTCT

Options
mini_schnauzer
mini_schnauzer Registered Posts: 347 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello
I am using the Kaplan book - Specimen paper question page 460.

I'm calculating PCTCT and there is a Non Trade Profit £3,900. Thats fine I add this to the trading profit after capital allowances are deducted.

What Kaplan's answer is £3,900 less debt written off loan to a supplier of £2,400.

The thing is I have already added the £2,400 back to the Net Profit to get the correct Adjusted Trade Profit figure.

The Kaplan book is so full of errors on the mock exam practice papers, so I don't know if it is the book that is wrong or me.

Help - I am starting to worry now

Comments

• Symbol
    Symbol Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    BTC Past papers please

A very kind business teacher on this forum has revised the last 3 exam papers to FA 2008 standard. If you would like me to send these to you let me know. My email address is diane_louises@hotmail.com
  • mini_schnauzer
    Options
    Hi

Thanks, but i have the 3 papers from Tall Rodney.
    The Kaplan book I am using is the current one for FA08 - it is just full of errors!
  • GemmaLouise
    GemmaLouise Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    The books wrong!!!

It should just be the 3900!!!
  • mini_schnauzer
    Options
    Thanks - I thought i was right, but I feel better now you have confirmed it.
  • GemmaLouise
    GemmaLouise Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Theres so many errors id stay away from the kaplan book and stick to the past papers!!

It just gets too confusing!!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!!!
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Schauzer!
    I agree with you a lot of mistakes on Kaplan book I went back working some of the task yesterday when I check my answer its completely different.

I give up I don't want to shutter my confidence for the last minute I have focus on the revision papers that they sent it to me.

Good luck!
Privacy Policy