PCR blur

Options
jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Is anyone else struggling with PCR? I seem to do fine on the older papers but once I get past Dec 07 it all goes very wrong and I keep using the wrong figures! There seems to be so much information to sort through.

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'm just about to start doing the past papers again!
  • lizrochford
    lizrochford Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I seem to slip up with limited factors and the calculations this is my second attempt and i feel much more confident than last time. Just keep practising and note areas where you need to focus revision and good luck!!
  • rachelrunshaw
    rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    jow774 wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling with PCR? I seem to do fine on the older papers but once I get past Dec 07 it all goes very wrong and I keep using the wrong figures! There seems to be so much information to sort through.

That was when the chief assessor changed to the current one. In his report on the Dec 08 exam he states "the broad format of this paper is estabilished and unlikely to change radically".
    I have just finished June 08 and on checking the answers for 1.2b, found there are 3 alternative answers. My final answer whilst correct, is not laid out like any of the suggestions!!
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think Ive spent too much time focusing on PEV and hoped to coast with PCR and its not looking like its going to happen, lol.

I think I may as well give it a go now, but I think it will be struggle to pass it.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jow774 wrote: »
    I think Ive spent too much time focusing on PEV and hoped to coast with PCR and its not looking like its going to happen, lol.

I think I may as well give it a go now, but I think it will be struggle to pass it.

Exactly what i've done, unfortunately.
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I also concentrated on PEV and left PCR. I know what I'm going to be doing for the next 2 nights! Oops!
  • lizrochford
    lizrochford Registered Posts: 58 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Rachel I was under the impression the examiner changed after Jun 2008 someone told me they got rid of the previous examiners for making the notorious task 1.2 rediculously hard.....................

Lou I did what you did however I'd advise you to revise both as I passed one and failed the other.
  • Sarah-Lou
    Sarah-Lou Registered Posts: 141 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The examiner changed after the December 2008 exams. The exam on Thursday should be in the style of the June 2009 exam (which was the clothing retailer one if you done it as a past paper).

I am hopeful as found that was one was written quite well and I could understand it!
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Both the Dec 08 and the June 09 paper were written by the guy writing our paper.

I hadn't completely ignored PCR in the past few months - but in the last few weeks I did! Doing lots of reading on the commute to work and doing past papers in the evening once home!
  • donnaalwill
    donnaalwill Registered Posts: 116 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I definitely favoured PEV but it was mostly because I HATE Pcr, its just so fiddly! Tomorrow will be an exciting run through of past papers and notes, PCR I understand where its going with questions but I struggle with formats. I like to explain things in my own way and I think I find it a bit restricting in the way it wants me to work things out. But with less than 48 hours to go I am willing to give their way a go:) Good luck everyone!
Privacy Policy