What is Technician Exam Pass score?

Options
borolad
borolad Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Hi guys. I am new to the forum but felt the need to ask this question after my blunder in yesterday's PEV paper.
Any idea what the minimum pass score is in this exams or how they are marked?

I attempted all the questions and think i did well especially in the section 2. However, getting into the exam 20 minute late threw me off balance only to be faced with an unusual section 1. First, i fell to the tricky Q1:1 and answered the 3 of the sub-question based on actual rather than budgeted, then again came the overhaed issue which i included in my calculation of the variance reconciliation. No surprise, my reconciliation was balanced, as i'd included the overhead in the STD COST OF ACTUAL and also included the variance in the reconciliation. My index working was 50-50 but everyother thing went well.
I feel gutted as it was an exam i won't particularly call difficult but i had the wrong start anyone could have all thanks to the BLACKWALL TUNNEL closure.
Anyone with an idea of what and how the examiners evaluate students performance? This has made me to lose interest inrevising for my thursday's PCR.

Comments

• lilac_angel
    lilac_angel Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I think most people have been saying the pass mark is about 75% but i'm not to sure.
    I struggled aswell as i had a major panic when i left my house and come across bad traffic and realised the blackwall tunnel was closed. luckily i was near a train staion so managed to park up and get a train to college to avoid being late.
    Thank god it's now reopened!!!
    Don't feel to bad about i think the best thing is to forget about it now get your PCR exam out the way and then wait for the results to come out in february.
    Whats done is done and there is always re sits!!!
  • borolad
    Options
    Thanks lilac_angel. I think 75% is realisble if what i can rely on the strenght of my section 2 but then, i heard the examiners judge you on your ability to answer both sections well, so it's welcome june2010.....to think of time and effort put in this course, damn.
  • lilac_angel
    lilac_angel Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yeah it's each section. i have already failed PEV twice both times on section 2. but this time i think i've failed section 1. :(
  • borolad
    Options
    Hey Lilac_Angel. Contrary to my fears about the PEV, i passed both the PEV and PCR. How about you, any luck?
Privacy Policy