Bonsai Christmas Tree Decorations

Options
Bookworm55
Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I came into work this morning to find what I can only describe as a bonsai christmas tree on my desk. It's a 12-inch high miniature pine tree, quite a high-quality plastic one.

There are about a dozen of these things scattered among the 40-odd people in the office. Apparently we're supposed to decorate it in teams of three or four and there will be a prize given out for the best one before we shut the office for Christmas/New Year.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Don't do it, it's a management plot to figure out who hasn't got enough work to do and can be fired in the New Year!
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Bin it
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Clearly a replacement for the office Xmas party so your company's undoubtedly going down the swanny. Harsh. At Christmas time too.
  • Bookworm55
    Options
    CJC, Flower: And I though I was cynical.

There is a Christmas party. It's next Friday and I am not invited. **sniff** Mainly because I'm a temp and we all thought my placement would end after 10 weeks. (I'm now in week 12) And also the bookings were all done over the summer.
  • CJC
    Options
    I don't know if it's common practice, but many years when I temped at the HSE the Scrooges took the time spent at the Christmas Lunch/Party off of our chargeable hours. You may be better off not going to the party if it's in work time.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    CJC, Flower: And I though I was cynical.

... and I thought you could spell... clip, clop.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    CJC wrote: Β»
    Don't do it, it's a management plot to figure out who hasn't got enough work to do and can be fired in the New Year!

Such negativity lol

i would tho take it home and do in your own time lol

And if you really wana suck up to the boss make decorations from company logo
  • CJC
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    ... and I thought you could spell... clip, clop.

A deliberate mistake just to check you were awake, glad you spotted it.
  • Bookworm55
    Options
    On my way home last night, I decided to get into the spirit of the thing and stopped off at Hobbycraft: the arts and crafts superstore. I picked up coloured pipe cleaners (to represent tinsel), tiny glow-in-the-dark plastic stars and such to fashion tiny decorations.

I got in this morning to discover the tree had been decorated with a 10ft piece of regular tinsel, meaning it now resembles a sparkly cone, thwarting my efforts. My line manager's desk, however, has a four foot tall three covered in gold tinsel and baubles. Compensating for something?
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    after i came back from the exams to work i thought i had entered the wrong building as EVERYTHING was decorated...i thought it was just the hall with the christmas tree and the tinsels (it looked like a fun fair actually)

to my surprise when i went into my floor every single desk had been decorated (even mine) with tinsels , lights and mini trees with optical fibre lights...some trees even have santa's hats on top ....

way too much for me
  • lilac_angel
    lilac_angel Registered Posts: 66 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    We've been banned from having christmas desks in our office. our facilities management teams are real scrouges and have said that evan tho it is christmas housekeeping rules still apply and we're not allowed anything on the ceiling, walls, doors or windows. :-(
  • A-Vic
    Options
    i have a tinsel ball with eyes sticky feet stuck on my monitor received from a client in a christmas present. Small things amuse small minds bigger fools (me) look on :lol:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i got my 1st xmas card today - bah humbug spose i will have to write some now

cannot wait till friday as my big girlie is home and we are putting up the tree on saturday

Tracy
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Our office tree as been moved on more times than a homeless person !
    Had to move it the other day due to the fire exit being blocked, then it was a fire hazard!

Now i dont even know where its gone.....

Would it be out of the question if i bought my own 6ft beauty in...completely decorated...possibly with a make-shift re-enactment of the birth of christ under it with some office stationary ??
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    xmas trees are meant to be over the top stupid looking in your face eyesores !!!
  • grovluke
    grovluke Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    My boss decided to start the month with a staff meeting to tell us all that we wouldn't be getting our annual pay rise this year, so i decided to make him a home made paper card with the message inside saying "Sorry cut backs don't you know!"
  • A-Vic
    Options
    grovluke wrote: Β»
    My boss decided to start the month with a staff meeting to tell us all that we wouldn't be getting our annual pay rise this year, so i decided to make him a home made paper card with the message inside saying "Sorry cut backs don't you know!"

lol love it
  • CJC
    Options
    My boss decided to start the month with a staff meeting to tell us all that we wouldn't be getting our annual pay rise this year"
    Did he actually say "We won't be getting our pay rises" or "You won't be getting your pay rises"?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Also which bank do you work for? lol
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options

and i bet you that will put you in their good books !!!!!like a xmas you have cooked your goose now !!!
  • grovluke
    grovluke Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    payrise

well i think the words were your payrises, nd as for cooking my goose, i can't say as i really care cos the boss doesn't know his arse from his elbow and i'll be looking for a new job in the new year anyway.
Privacy Policy