FRA exam today

Options
kellyriddell
kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
Afternoon all .... So how did everyone find it? Was it as hard as some people expected curtosy of the ecr exam? I for one am glad it's over, personally I found it ok so it'll be nice to see if anyone feels the same or if I'm just kidding myself lol x

Comments

• missy
    missy Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    OMG, that exam was exactly how i wanted it to be. NICE lol
  • missy
    Options
    such an easy going paper... thanku AAT lol after taking such a beating from the ECR paper on monday i really needed this. x
  • kellyriddell
    Options
    I'm glad someone else feels the same way! When do we get our results?
  • wesjp23
    wesjp23 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I found myself re-reading it all to see if they were trying to catch us out anywhere. Overall actually enjoyed it compared to ECR!
  • missy
    Options
    results are out in Feb arent they? i dont even want to know my results for unit 6 :(
  • dieselhead
    dieselhead Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It was practically identical to the June 2007 paper, even down to some of the numbers such as 135 - you had to multiply it by 2/3 to determine the prepayment just like in the jun07 paper. Well certainly the first question was.

For Q1, I got 81,610 for the trial balance totals

Q2; 8,738 for the adjustment column totals
    27,513 for the net profit and 10,213 for the total net assets

Did everyone else get the same, or did I go horribly wrong somewhere?
  • dieselhead
    Options
    Was a bit worried that those answers weren't round numbers; they usually are in exams.

I wasn't sure where to put the profit on disposal and the provision for doubtful debts adjustment in the P&L statement - so I just tacked them on at the bottom underneath the expenses and prayed.
  • dieselhead
    Options
    Given that I sat the exam in a mosque, it was an appropriate place for a prayer. I just hope that Allah looks favorably on my answers ...
  • missy
    Options
    your Doubtful debt Adjustment of £38 went into the profit and loss it usually goes under the income section, it was a (cr) in the profit and loss. Didnt go under the revenue expenses they are all DR
  • missy
    Options
    Aww i'm sure Allah swt was looking out for u.
  • dieselhead
    Options
    Yes I seem to remember the figure of 38 for that adjustment

Did you get the same bottom line?
  • kellyriddell
    Options
    My figures were very similar if not the same, did anyone put the accrual in of 250 curtosy of altering the general expenses? My theory is everything balanced, and in section 2 the adj p and l along with the balance sheet all balanced and corresponded with everything else so I can't have done too badly lol
  • Lena
    Lena Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    dieselhead wrote: »
    It was practically identical to the June 2007 paper, even down to some of the numbers such as 135 - you had to multiply it by 2/3 to determine the prepayment just like in the jun07 paper. Well certainly the first question was.

For Q1, I got 81,610 for the trial balance totals

Q2; 8,738 for the adjustment column totals
    27,513 for the net profit and 10,213 for the total net assets

Did everyone else get the same, or did I go horribly wrong somewhere?

Got exactly same figures for Q2!
    Don't remember Q1...

I am glad it is over:).
  • dieselhead
    Options
    Yes I put the accrual in for 250 in the adjustment columns.

It was a bit unclear I thought about whether to reduce the bank balance by 2,400 in the adjustment columns ... but I suppose you must otherwise the balnce sheet wouldn't have balanced.

When the bank balance is an overdraft do you put it under current liabilities in the BS?
  • kellyriddell
    Options
    The accrual was for question 1 that I am refering too, I put the bank balance in assetts for some reason even though it was an overdraft, thinking about it don't think I shouldve done but hey lol - my proforma that I made fir myself from previous balance shhets were always in assets as never had an overdraft so was automatic for me to put it in assets!
  • missy
    Options
    the accrual was in section 1 wasnt it? i cant remember what i got for my profit and loss but it all balanced i know the bank was overdrawn there was a 700 adjustment for personal use purchases cr 700 drawings dr 700 which was a tricky one
  • missy
    Options
    when your bank is overdrawn its a current liability in the balance sheet. x
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    did the paper and glad is over ...having done unit 6 on monday then i did Unit 30 yesterday and unit 5 today ...my confidence (shattered on unit 6 is back with me) :)

I didnt get an overdraft bank but anyways ....i am glad with what i did
  • missy
    Options
    doesnt matter what you got, aslong as you got it to balance lol x
  • Marga
    Options
    yeah it did balance...if it doesnt we just open a suspense account lol ...
  • beavis182
    beavis182 Registered Posts: 130 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    i didnt do the Unit 6 exam as just knew i wasnt at all ready. I studied really hard for the FRA exam today and it wasnt too bad at all. I managed to finish it in 45 minutes and felt it was quite easy.. except the last few bits on Stock Valuation. I think that was the only part i messed up on but hoping its enough to get me a pass!
  • beavis182
    Options
    PS there was a really cute girl doing the exam as well in our group and it made it just that much better :-)
  • Marga
    Options
    i didnt remember anything about stock valuation so i probably have that one wrong but i three in some numbers just so i wouldnt leave it blank
  • pinoyLiz
    pinoyLiz Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Marking the exam

How do u think AAT mark the paper? is it per task or per correct amount/answer written?
  • beavis182
    Options
    it was the last few quick questions.. re-valuing the stock figure for meat products.. i cant even remember really.
  • Tessy
    Tessy Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi! All these numbers ring a bell. I found it quite easy...I hope I did look at all questions. First section ended with the trial balance and the second with the P&L and Balance Sheet. No appropriation accounts or partnerships. Everything balanced. So I hope I did well.
  • missy
    Options
    i think with that question u didnt need to value the stock that was four days old becoz u wouldnt be selling it, was all to do with SSAP9 lower of cost or NRV. x
  • Marga
    Options
    beavis182 wrote: »
    it was the last few quick questions.. re-valuing the stock figure for meat products.. i cant even remember really.

yeah i know which ones you aretalking about....pies...i was so hungry and they were throwing in pies!!!

lol
  • missy
    Options
    Marga wrote: »
    yeah i know which ones you aretalking about....pies...i was so hungry and they were throwing in pies!!!

lol
    haha funny u say that, i was hungry too at the time! lol
  • exam panic
    exam panic Registered Posts: 157 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    don't worry

If not balance the aat will give you axtra to make it balance . I did last year 1 section 1 balance but my working was right so I passed
Privacy Policy