PCR Rolling Budgets

Options
rachelrunshaw
rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi there

Does anybody have a good definition of either a computer generated or a rolling budget? In what instance would they be used?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi there, I was looking up the same thing about an hour ago (must have been sleeping in class). The rolling budget constantly plans for a specific period of time ahead - ie. if we've just worked out the actual costings for November we would have now finished with that & remove it, but would be adding next Novembers figures onto the budget. It gives a clear view of external factors & seasonal variations affecting the business & is regularly ammended, therefore more meaningful than a fixed budget. Computer generated models can be easily ammended to change proportions of rejects/ overtime/costs etc, & are quick & easy to use. Anything extra would be most helpful!
    Andrea.
  • rachelrunshaw
    rachelrunshaw Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Andypandy wrote: »
    Hi there, I was looking up the same thing about an hour ago (must have been sleeping in class). The rolling budget constantly plans for a specific period of time ahead - ie. if we've just worked out the actual costings for November we would have now finished with that & remove it, but would be adding next Novembers figures onto the budget. It gives a clear view of external factors & seasonal variations affecting the business & is regularly ammended, therefore more meaningful than a fixed budget. Computer generated models can be easily ammended to change proportions of rejects/ overtime/costs etc, & are quick & easy to use. Anything extra would be most helpful!
    Andrea.

Thanks Andrea

Dec 07 model answers say rolling budgets need departmental involvement and are useful in a fast moving environment.Perhaps a target driven industry like sales? Computer generated - non financial data gathered to help speed up the budget process. I guess that could mean how many rejects, how much overtime without adding a value to it. I'm pretty sure if it crops up tomorrow it is going to be getting a suitably vague and woolly answer!!
  • val0123
    val0123 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Don't know if this is any use?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_rolling_budget
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Thanks Val, it all helps.
    Andrea
Privacy Policy