AAT - ACCA Transition

Options
mark057
mark057 Registered Posts: 354 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi all,

I've just qualified as an Accounting Technician after getting my project signed off.

I'm now looking to start ACCA with the Law (F4) paper.

I've been trying to gauge how difficult the transition is going to be from AAT to ACCA. Anyone have any experiences they would like to share?

Mark

Comments

• nag17
    nag17 Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Acca

I am just thinking the same... hopefully if I passed the DFS i will be able to start the ACCA. I just started today to look for the best providers and their pass rate . have you got any ideas about the Tuition providers that will be very helpful? and I think I need to register with ACCA before 8th of Dec and let the AAT knows so they can email the result directly to the ACCA. am i right??
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Regarding the transition, you will find that it is another step up - probably equivalent to the difference between intermediate and technician.

The law paper may seem a bind to study but I have to say it's one of the most useful papers that we did!! I still refer to my text book and even called on some of the knowledge today!
  • Bugsy
    Bugsy Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi all,

I've just qualified as an Accounting Technician after getting my project signed off.

I'm now looking to start ACCA with the Law (F4) paper.

I've been trying to gauge how difficult the transition is going to be from AAT to ACCA. Anyone have any experiences they would like to share?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I was issued with the following dates

Registration for secondary qualifications - deadlines are:

ACCA - 31 December for the June exams
    CIMA - 31 January for May exams
    CIPFA - 26 March for June exams

And to claim your exemptions you need to have completed your project etc...

Hope this helps!
  • candy
    candy Registered Posts: 17 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Yes I too just recently got my Unit 10 signed off, as I have already registered with Acca, they are awaiting my statement of achivement before 31 December to get excemptions. So I now plan to take up F4 and F5
Privacy Policy