Ecr exam

Options
Hemlata Mistry
Hemlata Mistry Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Please can someone tell me how did you allocate the warehouse and stores issues of
25.7 million and 16.7million to branded and label products
also light and electricity fixed and variable

Comments

• Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    hi i actually used percentages...didnt actually allocated the numbers they gave me
    i calculated that the 25.7 m was giving me a 60% and the 16m gave me a 40% on that basis i spread the money

Light and electricity i think this is the one they say 75% and 25% right? so 75% of the whole money was then done equally between the centres and the 25% of the money (the rest) based on power

hope this helps
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Please can someone tell me how did you allocate the warehouse and stores issues of
    25.7 million and 16.7million to branded and label products
    also light and electricity fixed and variable

I didnt understand the Warehouse and Stores reallocation so left it out! Put a note at the bottom to say that I had not reallocated it.
  • missy
    missy Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    hiya,

I worked this one out like marga did it as percentages, then allocated it. The unit 6 paper was horrible i didnt like it one bit! does anyone know the unit on technician level that follows on from this?
  • jewels.p
    Options
    missy wrote: »
    hiya,

I worked this one out like marga did it as percentages, then allocated it. The unit 6 paper was horrible i didnt like it one bit! does anyone know the unit on technician level that follows on from this?

Percentages of what?
    This one totally stumped me. I usually quite like doing the allocation and reallocation of expenses but this bit I totally didnt have a clue on. I think I calculated the rest ok that's why I just missed it out. Spent too much time trying to figure it out.
    How did you get on with the P&L?
  • missy
    Options
    i allocated it 60% and 40%, but i wasnt sure if i had done this correctly. (most probably not) and the profit and loss was just a mess, i couldnt figure that one out, took me a while but i did try my best, honestly cant remember the figures i got for that, i'm just hoping AAT will lower the pass mark and i will pass.
  • Marga
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Percentages of what?
    This one totally stumped me. I usually quite like doing the allocation and reallocation of expenses but this bit I totally didnt have a clue on. I think I calculated the rest ok that's why I just missed it out. Spent too much time trying to figure it out.
    How did you get on with the P&L?

it was 25 million and 16? so in total 41 million?

so 25/41=60.9 so round it to 60%

16/41 = 39 something so i round it to 40%
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Marga wrote: »
    it was 25 million and 16? so in total 41 million?

so 25/41=60.9 so round it to 60%

16/41 = 39 something so i round it to 40%

When I was trying to do it I added the 25 and the 16 and got 41 but couldnt understand what to do next! Cause I couldnt understand what the 41 had to do with the Total Overheads (cant remember the amount) that had to be reallocated.
  • Marga
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    When I was trying to do it I added the 25 and the 16 and got 41 but couldnt understand what to do next! Cause I couldnt understand what the 41 had to do with the Total Overheads (cant remember the amount) that had to be reallocated.

i think they said something like " this department allocates 25 million to here and 16 million to here"

so basically if you would have got 41 million to allocate you would have allocated as per that

as we didnt have 41 million but £175, 000 ( or something like that to allocate i think) then worked the percentages, anyway that was my common sense
  • tinkerella
    tinkerella Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Think i divided the amount i had to allocate by the 41 mil then x it by each one.... I have definately failed the exam anyway so don't suppose it matters what i put lol

x x x
  • Marga
    Options
    keep your chin up

you never know what will happen :)
  • missy
    Options
    i dont think ive made unit 6, may have to re-sit it in Feb. If the AAT lower the pass mark really low lol which i doubt then i just might pass but i doubt they will do that! argh soo annoying....

x
  • NO BUSINESS CASE
    NO BUSINESS CASE Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    If the 2 figures mentioned were £175000 and £41mil (cant remeber to be honest) then you need to divide your £175k by £41mil and then x by the actual amounts 25mil and 16mil to give you the allocation required.

Mind you I have barely been sober since finishing last Monday so could be completely wrong!!!!!!
Privacy Policy