Unit 10 who is with Kaplan?

Yuping
Yuping Registered Posts: 22 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi, I am really angry at the speed the assessor marking my project in Kaplan! Who is with kaplan at the moment, tell us how do you feel about their progress on marking your project?

Comments

• messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    im with Kaplan. It took between a week and 2 week to get feedback
  • WHOPPIT
    WHOPPIT Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Kaplan

If you took my experience with Kaplan - you would find another provider - Hopeless and that was just at Foundation Level!
  • Yuping
    you are very lucky! I had passed my exams this June. just waiting to complete my MSP. But it took me ages to get a response from an assessor. During the last month, I was chasing them by many calls, and many emails.

But waited for one month to get my first draft feedback. I am sure I will miss my ACCA registration deadline on 31 Dec now!!!
  • messedup89
    you can still register even tho ur project not finished
  • Yuping
    I know I can register, but I will miss the exams sitting in June 2010!
  • Lyn32
    Lyn32 Registered Posts: 85 Regular contributor โญ
    Kaplan!

I had been doing my project in Kaplan at Intermediate level last year (day release). I was very surprised that I never never heard any of my tutor that I had completed all my work or pass. I found out when I logged into my aat account,that I saw all of it.

I am not impress to be honest. I don't know yet on my distancelearning , soon I'm enrolling my Unit 10 hopefully better more communication.

• messedup89
    i didnt find out from my tutor either. I had to keep logging on to aat but it didnt bother me
  • messedup89
    Yuping wrote: ยป
    I know I can register, but I will miss the exams sitting in June 2010!

as long as u get ur project signed off and noted to the aat before 15th feb i think, then u can sit exams in june :)
  • Suzie B
    Suzie B Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I had the same problem with my tutor at Kaplan, it took ages to get any feed back then she gave really unrealistic targets for changes and the next steps required. You just have to keep on at them, I finally had my final interview on Friday of last week at it is such a relief to get it finalised and submitted.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You all have to remember that amongst marking your project these tutors have to teach classes all day most days and night time too.

Also around exam time i wouldn't be expecting them to mark my project as they have revision classes etc all right up to exam time.

I'm just starting my project and won't be expecting some 2 day turn around etc.

Maybe remind them after 2 weeks or so but my tutors have said people send their projects in and then the next day are e-mail asking why it's not been looked at etc.
  • messedup89
    i think upto 2 week is reasonable. Especially at exam time.
    Im glad i did my project as soon as i started technician so it was signed off before i even sat my first exams :)
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I dont think this is acceptable. We pay for a service...
  • messedup89

You dont think 2 week is acceptable?
    Have you any idea how many lessons they have, skills tests to mark and countless projects and students ringing and emailing with questions?!?!?

3-4 week would be taking the rip.
    2 week is fine
  • Kashmir
    Kashmir Registered Posts: 8 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I've only just finished Intermediate but have told I can do the MSP straight away, how difficult is it and what is expected, I'm not sure whether to go straight into it or take a break and do it in the summer? Any advice?
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor โญ
    I was exceedingly lucky with my assessor at BPP, I generally emailed my work to her about 11 at night and had a reply to both home and work email by lunchtime the following day. The deadline for getting the final report in was 30 Nov, I managed to get mine in about a week earlier and I had my final interview last night.

I definitely had the better deal reading about the problems with Kaplan
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

I'm actually shocked.
Privacy Policy