Work experience question

steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hello everyone,

Just wondering, now that i have started my new job as a billing clerk can i use this towards my work experience ??

Im currently studying Advanced AAT via Premier training (Distance learning). I would love to gain full MAAT status at the end if possible.

Any advice would be great...

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Possibly, but it depends what you're doing exactly. What does being a billings clerk entail, specifically?

Purchase ledger clerk posts do count. Billings clerk sounds kind of similar.
  • steveJ
    Im working for Transport operations within Ford motor company. We hire trailers(possibly w/ driver) to 3rd party companies for picking up and delivering various items.

My position is basically to take the charges that have been made to them companies and input them onto the system, raise an invoice and bill the customer plus keeping a log of everything. I am also currently learning demurrage (a term used in transport operations that refers to the wasted time in between deliveries where the trailer is not being used).

Ive been told by the finance analysts that there is a lot of room for learning in this role and can take on any more work when i am ready. Any ideas on what kind of work to go for that would help build up my work experience?
  • steveJ
    Im just looking for other routes that i can go onto from here ??

I have to stay in this position for a year before i can apply for anything else within fords, but any help or direction would be great.

Ive always loved the sound of being a broker....any thoughts on that ??
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    steveJ wrote: ยป
    Im working for Transport operations within Ford motor company. We hire trailers(possibly w/ driver) to 3rd party companies for picking up and delivering various items.

My position is basically to take the charges that have been made to them companies and input them onto the system, raise an invoice and bill the customer plus keeping a log of everything. I am also currently learning demurrage (a term used in transport operations that refers to the wasted time in between deliveries where the trailer is not being used).

I see. So it's a lot like a sales ledger role.

Well, a couple of natural additions suggest themselves:
    Cashier: receiving, posting (on the system) and banking customer cheques
    Credit control: chasing payment from customers

But those are more adding duties and changing your existing role than anything else. I'm not sure I'd encourage moving to do a new role that only involved these. Have a look at what is required of "accounts assistants" in job adverts, and try to find ways to pick up some of these skills.
Privacy Policy