Job hunting tips

Options
Mik
Mik Registered Posts: 2 New contributor šŸø
Hello!

Although I have been studying the AAT for just over 2 years I am new to this forum. I am currently employed within an Administrative role and have been attempting to find employment within an accountancy/finance role, but, I am failing to get even a reply from any employers. Does any one have any tips for me as I would like to complete my final project within a finance role and then,hopefully, gain full membership.

Thanks

Comments

• davidg
    davidg Registered Posts: 4 New contributor šŸø
    Options
    Join an agency, lots of companies get people in through them rather than advertise themselves.

Reed and Hayes to name a few.
  • Mik
    Mik Registered Posts: 2 New contributor šŸø
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, but, I tried a five agencies (including Hayes and Reed) and I was told that I would need a minimum of 6 months experience from each of them. How can I gain experience without ever being considered, it's ridiculous!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    This has very recently been discussed here:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=25283&page=2

To expand on my original post from page 2, it's not an agencies job to train you as the requirement for a trained professional is set by the client who pays the agency, not by the agency themselves. It's the job of the agancy to provide what the client is after. Having said that, I know Reed offer training initiatives to make you more employable thus turning you more into an asset to them.

Agencies are not the only source for seeking employment and you should always continue to explore all avenues.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    MIK have you tried an admin job in an accountany practise its where i started it has took a while but now have moved on to a finance role, plus also means your earning prob the same amount as now but you can gain the much needed experience.

Good luck

Vic
Privacy Policy