Greedy People in the Workplace

Options
jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Every year at Xmas some of our customers hand in tins of Sweets to reception. Every year I have a go at the girl in reception as she seems to think they are for her personally and asks everyone else if they want one of her Sweets! The same has happened again today and I went mental and told her to share them with everyone! WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE SO BLOODY GREEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ยซ1

Comments

• PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Thats a receptionist for you. Problably have no concept of the sweets being a thanks for the work of specific people.

But its not a bad thing, usually sick of the sight of heroes and quality street by Christmas.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Our manager gave me and my colleague a tin last year and the two girls around the corner a tin. We handed ours out to people and kept ours at work. The other two girls split theirs out evenly into a their bags and took them home.. there's the festive spirit!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i have just taken control of the tiniest box of chocs ever, there are 6 in it. i work with 8 people, so i might just eat them all (insert evil laugh here)

Tracy
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    We have the bosses stepson who takes great handfulls of whatever choccies have been brought in by customers for all the staff to share. But I've just witnessed the best one yet, not greedy but unbeleivable.

Said boss has just popped in on way back from hospital, he's off sick at minute due to an accident. While he was here one of the sales reps called in with 24 bottles of wine to be shared between 12 staff - he always brings some at xmas to say thanks to the staff for all there hard work. He (the boss) only wants me to send 6 bottles up to the ladies at the local post office. Think I'll conveniently forget that instruction, talk about tight as ducks a**e, if he wants them to have wine the company can buy it I'm not taking it off the staff. I didn't know whether to collapse with laughter or beat him about the head. lol
  • jewels.p
    Options
    Esme wrote: ยป
    Our manager gave me and my colleague a tin last year and the two girls around the corner a tin. We handed ours out to people and kept ours at work. The other two girls split theirs out evenly into a their bags and took them home.. there's the festive spirit!!

The girl I referred to in the beginning did something like that last year too. After getting told to share them out she did exactly that with one tin she not only counted them out she divided up the Orange Ones the Dairy Milk Ones etc..............right down to the very last extra sweet that she didnt know what to do with.................it was nearly rammed down her throat! Lol
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    So far... we've had cakes, tins of roses and heroes.

Cant be bad...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    so far we have had cups, chocs, key rings pens and tinsel puppets all wrapped up together as gifts by a client :)
  • jewels.p
    Options
    And was everything shared out or do you guys have a greedy so and so too?
  • loralu
    loralu Registered Posts: 64 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    we have had two tins of quality streets, a tin of celebrations and a few tins of biccys. they all just get put in the kitchen and shared. there are some people who do have more than there fair share tho! we also have a couple of tins of biscuits that have been given to my manager that she wants just her team to have so there in our room. i've managed to resist temptation so far!
  • A-Vic
    Options
    And was everything shared out or do you guys have a greedy so and so too?

No we all got one each but did share chocs with the lasses in the shop next door and offered them to clients coming in and out
  • jewels.p
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    No we all got one each but did share chocs with the lasses in the shop next door and offered them to clients coming in and out

You are nice A-Vic (or are you just pretending cause Santa is coming?)
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    You must have the same receptionist as us. She gives everything away to other people except the people who should have these gifts. Think it must be a requiement of the job.
    Good job I am not fussed about chocolate.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    You are nice A-Vic (or are you just pretending cause Santa is coming?)

me nice shhhh working on a bad rep do you mind lol
  • jewels.p
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    i have just taken control of the tiniest box of chocs ever, there are 6 in it. i work with 8 people, so i might just eat them all (insert evil laugh here)

Tracy

Divide 6 by 8 and you get 0.75. So calculations are you get 3/4 of a sweetie each does that help at all?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    work sweets...................what happens when your self emp.loyeed and you bring in the sweets........does that mean i get them all myself !!
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    work sweets...................what happens when your self emp.loyeed and you bring in the sweets........does that mean i get them all myself !!

I was gonna say that. It's only me so I share as much as I want. One for and one for me and one for me and one for...
    Regards,

Burg
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    ...what happens when your self employed and you bring in the sweets........

... what happens if you don't like them?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    thats true you cant give them your boss
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Adopt an ex-smoker's attitude and blame the manufacturers for forcing you to consume them...
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Every year at Xmas some of our customers hand in tins of Sweets to reception. Every year I have a go at the girl in reception as she seems to think they are for her personally and asks everyone else if they want one of her Sweets! The same has happened again today and I went mental and told her to share them with everyone! WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE SO BLOODY GREEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could always say that she needs to keep a note of who has bought in gifts this year since they need to be valued and added on the P11d of the recipients as a taxable benefit :)
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Divide 6 by 8 and you get 0.75. So calculations are you get 3/4 of a sweetie each does that help at all?

bagsie i get the first bite though :)
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    taskey wrote: ยป
    bagsie i get the first bite though :)

You wouldn't want to be one of the people with a sweetie already three quarters eaten by someone else.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Poodle wrote: ยป
    You could always say that she needs to keep a note of who has bought in gifts this year since they need to be valued and added on the P11d of the recipients as a taxable benefit :)

o gawd tax exam memories
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    We're overloaded with sweets :(
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    we get different things from suppliers, crisps...sweets etc but they come over to our desks and give them to us....
  • Rinske
    Rinske Registered Posts: 2,453 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    We're overloaded with sweets

Send some to us! We didn't get anything yet this year :(
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Nah my bone is with the stationary monitor who will not order any diarys for the following year until the last possible minute - the rationale being we "may"get given some by suppliers. The fact no suppliers have done this for the last three years doesnt seem to register!?
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    So far... we've had caburys roses, mini-heroes and cakes...plus, today my boss give us each a present of quality street wrapped up and took us to a chinese restaurant for lunch ! I love being off the production line....

WOOOO-HOOOOOOO

;)
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    sweets sweet and more sweets................not fair......im still trying to persuade myself to give myself a xmas bonus !!!! lol
  • Marga
    Marga Registered Posts: 981 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    we received each of us an advent calendar to chrismtas with little chocolates in each day

my boss was not in yesterday so i ate mine and hers....
Privacy Policy