London in meltdown once again

Sweetpotato Chips
Sweetpotato Chips Registered Posts: 173 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Some one please explain why north london seems to have gone into complete meltdown. What is wrong with the world where it's snows for 5 minutes and 15 lorrys all jacknife across all the main roads blocking all the carriageways and then the rescue services can't get through cos every w@@ker and his wife is blocking the way with their blooming BMW. Ok rant over !!! Someone help my hubbie get home :-(

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well we had snow on Thursday night and not a flake since Friday morning but the bloody trains still can't run within half an hour of their supposed times. Buses were running again by Friday afternoon but the f*cking trains - which let's face it run on straightish, no other traffic tracks just like Scalextric vehicles so how hard can it bloody be to drive one? - still can't get it together four days later. Completely useless.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    lol, i made the mistake of going out on Saturday (just after it started snowing) the roads were chaos, i only wanted to go to the supermarket :(

A 15 min journey took my 3 hours! I've now vowed never to go out again in the snow or December.. i'll be shopping online from now on, the delivery charge is cheaper than the petrol i wasted!
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Well we had snow on Thursday night and not a flake since Friday morning but the bloody trains still can't run within half an hour of their supposed times. Buses were running again by Friday afternoon but the f*cking trains - which let's face it run on straightish, no other traffic tracks just like Scalextric vehicles so how hard can it bloody be to drive one? - still can't get it together four days later. Completely useless.

Five hours it took him to get home and first 4 of them was spent just trying to get passed Harlow on the M11...Its riduculous and goodnesss me I've got to do it tomorrow...I am not looking forward to it in the slightest !! White Christmas is very well if you dont need to leave the house...BAH HUMBUG !!

On the funny side I have just sent the kid out to go and get some shopping and she was not very happy with me. That'll teach her for making her room a pigsty...LOL
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Five hours it took him to get home and first 4 of them was spent just trying to get passed Harlow on the M11...Its riduculous and goodnesss me I've got to do it tomorrow...I am not looking forward to it in the slightest !! White Christmas is very well if you dont need to leave the house...BAH HUMBUG !!

Took me more than four hours to get out of Harlow on the A414 (west), because all the minor roads were blocked by snow and ice, so everyone had to use the main routes. Although to be fair the first two and a half were me waiting in the office for the gridlock to clear. Were there accidents on the M11 side of town?

I barely made it in today and I'm not bothering tomorrow.
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    Bookworm55 wrote: »
    Took me more than four hours to get out of Harlow on the A414 (west), because all the minor roads were blocked by snow and ice, so everyone had to use the main routes. Although to be fair the first two and a half were me waiting in the office for the gridlock to clear. Were there accidents on the M11 side of town?

I barely made it in today and I'm not bothering tomorrow.

I was checking the traffic as he was trying to navigate round. I dont think there was a single main road that didn't have some sort of incident on it..How do these people manage to pass their tests.

I think it should be made mandatory that idiot drivers should be made to take a driving test every 12months.

Every year this seems to happen without fail and the bloodiy trains are as useless.

STAY HOME EVERYONE !!! its just not worth it LOL
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    it is quite easy answer to that question......

dont live in london !!!! lol
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    mark130273 wrote: »

Thats the problem we don't we live in Northamptonshire...LOL !! Have to work in London :-(
  • mark130273
    Thats the problem we don't we live in Northamptonshire...LOL !! Have to work in London :-(

ahhh right well that make it all different ....so now i can slag off London.....hahahaha
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    ahhh right well that make it all different ....so now i can slag off London.....hahahaha

Be my guest I hate the place even though I was born and bred there...My kiddies arent though fresh air and cows for them !!
  • mark130273
    Be my guest I hate the place even though I was born and bred there...My kiddies arent though fresh air and cows for them !!

only been to london a few times and everyone i know who lives their actually hates it !

so quite glad i dont live their ....but one person who i know used to live their moved because where he lived it was getting over run by turks and curds(and whey) !!! hahaha
  • Sweetpotato Chips
    only been to london a few times and everyone i know who lives their actually hates it !

so quite glad i dont live their ....but one person who i know used to live their moved because where he lived it was getting over run by turks and curds(and whey) !!! hahaha

Yeah thats happening everywhere in London..They have this ability of being able to open grocery stores next door to one another on the high street and still make a living..!! Its quiet amazing really..I mean how much falafel can one community consume.
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Essex aint any better! Green Lane just on your way to Ilford has around 12-15 take-away places on ONE road !!! Chicken, Chinese, Indian and more chicken !!

Is there some secret that we dont know about ?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'd move back to London in a shot if I could.
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉

Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
  • mark130273
    CJC wrote: »
    I'd move back to London in a shot if I could.

you WHAT ?????????
Privacy Policy