Filing company accounts

jilt
jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Ltd company accounts for a period ending 31.12.2008, (not their first set of accounts) do they have 10 months in which to file with HMRC? Please confirm if I am right.

Or is that just with companies house?

Comments

• slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Yup 10 months HRMC so i would expect they have had a reminder and a ยฃ100 late filing fine by now.

think its a year for Companies house

well just had a dig about at appears deadline is 31st dec 09 for 31.12.2008 was sure ti was 10 months....
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    HMRC filing date is one year after year end. CT needs to be paid by 9 months 1 day after year end - is that what you are getting confused with?

Co House is 9 months now, was 10 months up to accounting periods ending 310309

here's the official confirmation

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ct/getting-started/deadlines.htm
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    ahah blue is right was getting confused with the payment dates
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    HMRC filing date is one year after year end. CT needs to be paid by 9 months 1 day after year end - is that what you are getting confused with?

Co House is 9 months now, was 10 months up to accounting periods ending 310309

here's the official confirmation

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ct/getting-started/deadlines.htm

Thanks so much, yes that's what I'm getting confused with. Have charts on the wall in the office at home to refer to but am at work and with rushing around with things my mind's gone blank. I only have 3 limited company clients so don't remember all the correct dates, but don't worry I have them reviewed by a chartered accountant. This particular client is a nightmare, always taking ages to do anything.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you :001_smile:
Privacy Policy