6 Sigma-Waste of Time?

slackda
slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Title says it all, thats just my two cents whats yours on 6 Sigma and other management enhancement programs you may have encountered.?

Comments

• steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    A manager in my office is always talking about 6-sigma. Ive only just started so dont really understand it. From what he says its worth doing, something else for your CV. His always talking about blackbelt projects aswell...

Sorry i cant really help...
  • slackda
    slackda Registered Posts: 460 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    my last company loved it, so far im yet to find out what this company thinks, i think more time is spent making sure you have filled the form out correctly and followed the process rather than the actuall cost saving exercise, its self......

though i do agree a good CV addin
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    my last company loved it, so far im yet to find out what this company thinks, i think more time is spent making sure you have filled the form out correctly and followed the process rather than the actual cost saving exercise, its self......

though i do agree a good CV addin

Several years ago when I was a jobbing sociologist, I did a research project on software development methodologies*. One of the conclusions was that good people do good work anyway and that the use of specific methodologies means that much time is spent trying to show that they did in fact follow the methodology.

* Chris Carne et al - 'Reconfiguring the User: Using Rapid Application Development', Social Studies of Science, vol. 30 no.5, pp.737-57, 2000
Privacy Policy