iPod white screen of death?

blobbyh
blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Personally I wouldn't touch one of these pieces of sh*t - I bought myself a Creative Zen X-Fi on clearance for £67 on Boxing Day and it blows the Apple player away for sound quality and VFM - but my fourteen year old had an iPod Touch for Christmas off his mother and it's now showing a white screen of death and nothing appears to be happening. Yep it's charged, yep it's tuned on (we think) but bugger all else.

Any ideas anyone or should they just take it back to Argos and get a proper music player?

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well, yeah you should take it back to Argos anyway... but it may be fixable url=http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2015196,00.asp]linky[/url.

Incidentally, a few months ago I bought a Sansa Clip as a basic music player (I've no particular desire to watch video on a 2" screen, thanks) and love it to bits.
  • blobbyh
    Well, it's had less than a week of use so it'll certainly be going back to the shop. Trying to convince him not to get another one but rather change to a proper MP3 player instead so he can use my own music files and not be tied into iTtunes, plus he'll get over fifty quid back. (How is it Microsoft are vilified for installing IE on their operating systems even though people can still use alternate browsers of their choice yet Apple can get away with forcing everyone to exclusively use iTunes on their music players?)

I actually went out to get a Sansa player - either a Clip or the larger Fuze - but saw the Creative in a clearance sale and I know my dodgy downloads always work with the brand.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Robert, you can use a few other pieces of software to transfer music to the iPod, or so i'm told...

Anapod, Sharepod & Copytrans Manager.

Never used any as i don't have a iPod but a few friends have...
  • blobbyh
    Maybe so but they just sound like derivatives of the Apple software. All of my MP3 players, including the new one, have been simple copy and paste affairs without having to even install the usually poor manufacturers software.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Aye, true that.
  • blobbyh
    Got a resolution for this. Holding down the On/Off button at the same time as the menu button for about half an hour finally powers down the device, switching the damn thing off.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    totally agree with that.......i got a nano and once and it worked for a month or so and then it now just doesnt work even thou it charges up normally !
  • kellyriddell
    kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    omg I absolutely love mine I have the apple phone and think it is absolutely amazing!! Had no problems with it yet and it does everything I want it too - though if its not doing what you want it to definately take it back!
  • mark130273
    omg I absolutely love mine I have the apple phone and think it is absolutely amazing!! Had no problems with it yet and it does everything I want it too - though if its not doing what you want it to definately take it back!

apple phone is different from the ipod !!
  • kellyriddell
    kellyriddell Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    I know but a lot of people have also said that they have found problems with these just thought Id let everyone know I love mine lol!
  • mark130273
    I know but a lot of people have also said that they have found problems with these just thought Id let everyone know I love mine lol!

your not trying to show of there are you ??
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Take it to the apple store in Churchill square. They will either fix it or replace it I had to get my phone replaced as it never worked from the box. Was replaced within half an hour
  • blobbyh
    It's working again following the reset procedure. If it had still been broken since the first post on this thread many days ago, I'd have burnt down the shop by now.
  • mark130273
    blobbyh wrote: »
    It's working again following the reset procedure. If it had still been broken since the first post on this thread many days ago, I'd have burnt down the shop by now.

well your lucky then !!!
Privacy Policy