Sage Line 50 Professional

Options
flossie
flossie Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Having had the go ahead to implement new accounting software we have been advised by the Accountants to (and have now received so no going back - gulp) obtain Sage Line 50 Professional.

We are having it installed this week and as 75% of the current data on our old system is obsolete then I will be inputting from start - gulp gulp!!

I would really appreciate some feedback from people who have or are using this software to see how they found it and how, if anyone has had this pleasure, they got on inputting from the start.

Thanks

Comments

• Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Have you used Sage at all? If not, I recommend getting hold of the Sage workbooks to train yourself up. Your accountant should be helpful if they has recommended it.

I was in a similar position a few years ago - except our accuntant had never used Sage so it was all down to me! I think SL50 Professional will have a demo mode and a practice mode in which you can eh practice what you want to enter, without effecting your company data.

Sage is a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it. Personally I love it, but then it was a vast improvement on the system that it replaced, which hopefully you will find too. I trained myself and over the years have managed to get it to do most things that I want.

There is usually someone on here who can help if you get stuck!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I can also recommend the 'Sage line 50 for dummies' book as it takes everythign from the basics and was written when the newer versions came out.

Well worth the £16 I spent on it.
Privacy Policy