(2) what Tax Rate and Nat Ins they should pay, and
(3) any other advise

Comments

• Anne Boleyn
    Anne Boleyn Registered Posts: 196 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Driving instructor

Hi PJC

Could you be more specific with what you're not sure about because it looks like you'd like us to provide the complete advice.

Also if you could provide more detail with regard to how their business is strustured, whether a sole trader etc etc.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I'd advise them to seek help from an accountant.
  • pjcmaat
    pjcmaat Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi PJC

Could you be more specific with what you're not sure about because it looks like you'd like us to provide the complete advice.

Also if you could provide more detail with regard to how their business is strustured, whether a sole trader etc etc.
    The business is as a sole trader.The main info they want to know is:-
    What are they able to class as expenses and
    What tax rate should they pay?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Well an expenses is classed as solely and for the purpose of business. Also if they are registered and have a Unique Tax Reference they should also pay class two contributions very different to NI.

The tax rate they have to pay depends on if any other income in the form of interest, employment, the amount they do have after personal allowence.

Am sorry but i agree with dean you really should advise them to seek out an accountant ive only covered the basics it is a lot more complicated than a few simple questions.
Privacy Policy